Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl,Thanks.  I need something I can easily warm while getting the table ready for Christmas dinner.

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm, it will either be Jimmy The Baker Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls or My Grandma's Mini Coffee Cakes; accompanied with Starbucks coffee!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG as it's just me  and knowing me it may very well be a hotdog but if you are preparing for many if you have a Costco by you they have delicious pastries and croissants and also if you have a GFS by you, they have several delicious breakfast entrees to pop in the oven that can feed a crowd and are delicious too!

@momtochloe,Thank you so much.  We have never had a Costco.

@ECBG I did think a bit before posting this as if you had a Costco close to you, you would be familiar with them in one form or another but I thought maybe a GFS was available . . . please have a happy and very Merry Christmas with your family and also to all on this thread! . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Morning

[ Edited ]

@ECBGThis is the recipe i use for popovers. my sister brings the coffeecake.

2TB unsalted butter 

2 large eggs, beaten a bit, at room temp

1 cup whole milk, at room temp

1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut butter into pieces and place equally in six 1/2 cup custard cups (or i use a cast iron antique popover pan -  the tinny muffin tins aren't quite deep enough. You want a deepish cup for them to puff up and out of )  Place cups or pan on cookie sheet.

Whisk eggs until mellow yellow - whisk in milk.

In another larger bowl, whisk flour and salt until blended - then whisk in egg mixture until only small lumps remain. ( If you make this ahead, do a quick whisk before putting batter in cups/pan below.)

Put popover pan/cups on baking sheet in preheated oven for about 4 minutes.  Remove from oven and divide batter into cups/pan.  Bake 25 min.  Do not open the oven door.   The popovers puff up, get crispy on top and are hollow, moist inside 

Serve immediately with butter - or not.

There is also a popover mix that my sister substituted one year -  and it was pretty good!

Super Contributor

My Christmas breakfast is the same one I've had every Christmas (and Easter) since I was a child:  "fresh" kielbasa,  horseradish, rye bread and babka.  Fresh kielbasa is not smoked -- it's basically raw meat -- so it must be boiled for an hour.  It's eaten hot and the leftovers make wonderful sandwiches the next day.  In my area, we still have Polish stores that make their own kielbasa and other specialties.  I have continued the tradition and always think of my parents -- particularly my father -- while enjoying this meal.

Honored Contributor

we will be having a "big breakfast" before we sit and open gifts. i usually have sourdough bread and regular and multi-grain croissants. i will make scrambled eggs, peppered bacon, chicken and apple link sausages, and a hash brown casserole. we also have assorted preserves, irish butter, honey, and feta cheese for the breads. i will also be serving a fruit salad. that should keep us stuffed until dinner. Smiley Wink

may make some mimosas also......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

When we're all together, we'd have scrambled eggs with all the trimmings or quiche.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

we will be having a "big breakfast" before we sit and open gifts. i usually have sourdough bread and regular and multi-grain croissants. i will make scrambled eggs, peppered bacon, chicken and apple link sausages, and a hash brown casserole. we also have assorted preserves, irish butter, honey, and feta cheese for the breads. i will also be serving a fruit salad. that should keep us stuffed until dinner. Smiley Wink

may make some mimosas also......

Wow!  That beats my glass of juice any day.  That sounds delicious.

Trusted Contributor

Bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast.  Lots of butter, jelly and preserves.  

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey wrote:

My Christmas breakfast is the same one I've had every Christmas (and Easter) since I was a child:  "fresh" kielbasa,  horseradish, rye bread and babka.  Fresh kielbasa is not smoked -- it's basically raw meat -- so it must be boiled for an hour.  It's eaten hot and the leftovers make wonderful sandwiches the next day.  In my area, we still have Polish stores that make their own kielbasa and other specialties.  I have continued the tradition and always think of my parents -- particularly my father -- while enjoying this meal.

Smacznego i Wesolych Swiat! 🎄🎅🎄