Respected Contributor

I need a new blender and have been looking at Wolf Gang Puck’s blender and also the Dash Blender for $189.00 on HSN.

I bought one of the new Ninja IQ blenders and it was so loud I sent it back.

I have a Ninja 400 watt blender and it is fine but I am looking at taller blenders to make smoothies and crush ice in. The ice crushes nicely in the Ninja I have but constantly bogs down lately and I have to keep stirring the bottom and then pulse again. Time for an upgrade as I have had this one for about 8 years.

I would like a 1000 or 1200 watt blender.

Thanks for any input.

Respected Contributor

My first purchase from the Q was a Vitamix blender about 10 years ago. I wanted a blender for smoothies. I did a lot of research at the time and decided on a Vitamix and I have not been disappointed. It is still going strong. The only drawback is that it is very loud.  I don’t have any experience with the two you mentioned. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've got a Blendtec and love it!

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure about crushing ice, but I have the NutraBullet blender from HSN and love it.  When I tried to make fruit smoothies in a regular blender, the fiber and seeds were not pulverized but instead remained like a gross sludge.  The NutraBullet takes frozen fruit and milk and produces a totally blended smoothie.  I've used ice in it with no problem, but I usually put in frozen fruit, which makes ice unnecessary.  QVC has a version of this as well.  I've had my NutraBullet for a few years and it's still going.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Dash blender.  I've made sorbet and tomato soup.  It's 1400 watts.  Wolfgang's has lesser watts and the same price as Dash.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

@henderson What color Dash blender did you get? I keep going back to the Dash blender. I like the Vitamix but don’t have the money to afford that one.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14  I have a Vitamix and it is great.  Don't know if you want to spend the money on one, but if you can, it's worth it.  The Dash seems to be very good too based on the reviews.   

Yesterday someone called in on Wolfgang's show and said I do have a Vitamix, but want to move up and get yours.  I am not so sure what he meant.  I think all these blenders seem to do really well, but with the Vitamix it seems the motor that seems to last and last with some people still using theirs after more than 40 years.  The others have only been around for a few years so nobody knows how long the motor will last.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM Hello. How loud is the Vitamix and what model do you have? Did you get it on QVC? I love the new blenders out now are in colors.

If I can find a powerful blender that is not huge, not real loud, and makes ice into snow and great smoothies I would be so happy. I have been looking for a while for one. I would spend the extra money if I find the right one.

The Ninja IQ blender was so loud I had to go out of the room to use it. 

Did you ever find an air fryer you loved? I got the 5.3 Cooks Essential one in blue and love it! 

Take care Clem. I am doing well now so maybe my protein smoothies help me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I know Wolfgang mentioned that commercial grade blenders like his and the Vitamix have metal parts, not plastic, which makes them last longer than the others since commercial blenders are used many times per day while a home blender may be used, on average, once or twice a day.

I have an older WP blender which is fine for me, but I don't do smoothies and really don't use it that often.  I also have one of those as seen on TV Magic bullet blenders my husband uses to make his protein drinks in, but I can't say how good a job it does.  

Honored Contributor

There are no quiet blenders---I have the vitamix that I got in 2016. Before I used my moms 1980 vitamix. I used it everyday until, well 2016 when I couldn't find any parts for it. I use my VM everyday. Love it!!!