Honored Contributor

I'm really not in the market for another blender.  I have a WP and really don't use it that much and hubby uses the as seen on TV bullet I bought several years ago.  But, I was watching the presentation and was wondering if any other brand is capable of grinding grains like the Vitamix.

I was a bit annoyed that he ground the wheat and then put that container aside and brought in another container that already had the dough made and pulsed it a few times to show that you could make dough.  And, at another time he made a frappe, changed containers and made the whipped cream for the frappe.  It's not that easy at home since you only have the one wet container that you would need to clean (and clean very well if you want to make whipped cream) while your frappe is sitting there waiting.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vitamix vs Other Blenders

Make the whipped cream first, scoop it out, set aside, and make the frappe in the container with whipped cream residue?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess  I have had a Blendtec for approximately the last ten years....it has stood up to almost daily use....a good blender.  My new blender is a Vitamix Ascent...an even better blender.  I thought seriously about purchasing a new vacuum blender, but Vitamix  has stood the test of time for being the best and I'm glad this was my final decision.  The black stainless steel is outrageously beautiful!

Valued Contributor

if you go to vitamix.com they can tell you how to do that. the one they had on tv is an older model they have newer models on the website. 

Esteemed Contributor

Could have sworn host Rick D.said this TSV was re-designed for 2018.
Esteemed Contributor

Vitamix's are more work than necessary.

Most annoying demo is mixing on the kitchen counter.

That's what the dishwasher is for...

and it would really depend on what you blended if it would come clean.

Esteemed Contributor

I've talked about this before on these forums.   I am happy for those who love their Vitamix but I do not think they are NOT worth the expense.  IMO you can buy just as good of a blender for half the price.   Mine does still work but what's most upsetting is the crappy plastic container and the so called stainless steel blades that are flecking and rusting!!!

For the money, these things should not happen.  I wanted to buy a new container as the plastic absorbs stains and is impossible to clean.  I've tried everything, believe me.   The price of a new container is the cost of a whole new blender!

Respected Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

I've talked about this before on these forums.   I am happy for those who love their Vitamix but I do not think they are NOT worth the expense.  IMO you can buy just as good of a blender for half the price.   Mine does still work but what's most upsetting is the crappy plastic container and the so called stainless steel blades that are flecking and rusting!!!

For the money, these things should not happen.  I wanted to buy a new container as the plastic absorbs stains and is impossible to clean.  I've tried everything, believe me.   The price of a new container is the cost of a whole new blender!

Did you call Vitamix for resolution of these problems???  There is a settlement on the black flecking coming from the seals.  They have excellent customer service.  The only difficulty I have had washing the container is the one and only time I made peanut butter.  What a mess.  Of course what's his name never empties the container or washes it, LOL.  BTW I bought a second container when I registered my machine and they gave me a great discount!!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought my Vitamix at Costco a few years back.  It was well worth the price.  It is one hardworking machine with GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.  

Respected Contributor

To the poster who made peanut butter and said the cleanup was difficult:

A few years ago I got a Vitamix from the Q and tried to make cashew nut butter.  What a mess...had to throw out expensive cashews...got no usable butter...and the cleanup was horrible.  Back to the Q and never again.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill