Honored Contributor

I have recently embraced baby bellas (chopped up into itty bitty pieces and sauteed), and I might move on to portobellos this summer. 

Do you have a favorite and how do you prepare it?

Know Your Mushroom - http://explo.in/28SAU09 #Bangalore #Restaurants:

Honored Contributor

I like mushrooms in many ways. I have never had the 5 more exotic ones shown at the bottom of the chart

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

I am not "there" yet for raw mushrooms, LOL.  I have avoided them for most of my life due to the slippery texture and moldy/dirt taste.  Baby steps!  

Honored Contributor

"Do you have a favorite"

YUP!  Not going to font it cause it will be deemed inapproiate.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/23uzrjo.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

This isn't healthy, but so good. Sauté baby Bella's in butter.  When browned, sprinkle with a little garlic salt and tons of fresh cracked pepper, then sprinkle on some real shredded Parmesan. Omg. Amazing. Not too much garlic salt tho because of the cheese. It can get too salty. 

Honored Contributor

I love the big portabellas and the chanterells. But I like them all. I bbq the big ones and eat them as burgers. Also stuff them with all sorts of things or saute them as side dishes too. Just last night, I made hashbrowns with peppers and had some button mushies that I threw in too. Delicious!!!

Honored Contributor

Bella Baby!  That's what's for lunch today!

Dry-fry bella-zucchini w/

miso-Bee-Free Honey-black pepper sauce

over a bed of Jasmine rice.   

Honored Contributor

Re: A Guide to Mushrooms

[ Edited ]

I love mushrooms, but then reading your list - I guess I love only the more common ones lol. I haven't had the more exotic ones listed on the bottom. I would try it at a restaurant to make sure it was prepared properly. I probably would muck it up.

Portebellos are my favorites although I usually pick up cremins as they are more available. I've bought ******akes and they're okay but just doesn't wow me for the cost factor.

not a fan of oyster - the texture is weird

thanks for posting @lolakimono

Trusted Contributor

I like the shiitake in Tom Kha chicken cocount milk soup.

The morels are ones we hunt for and fry those. I use thick powdered milk mixture (dip them in), fine crushed corn flakes and small amount of flour.

The portobello, I like to stuff and bake. We like a crabmeat mixture. Or I use bread crumbs and mix in veggies. I cook the veggies first. Then cover with cheese.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Once you move on from white buttons you might find how truly delicious many varieties are.  

Of those pictured, I don't think I have experienced Maitake or Wood Ear Fungus, but since I love mushroom, I am definitely open to trying them.