Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder what bracelet strength I'd need for a delicate bracelet

I've had good luck with those from Ross Simon. I can't do those with the tiny lobster claw clasps. They got 14kt gold magnets and you can take them off one bracelet and put on another.  Set of 2 is 99.  It's like having some one to put on for you , but, with these you don't have to fool with another person.

Honored Contributor

With necklaces its fine but bracelets are not the thing to do "delicate".  Its just not wise or practical.  The way they manufacture jewelry nowdays, a thin bangle is sure to dent and/or bend out of shape.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

pull apart , probably.  Interlocking links would pop.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I love the look of the thin necklaces with the tiniest little of a piece of jewelry on it.  But for a bracelet I'd like to find a delicate piece that wouldn't break or get snagged on something.  It would need to be pretty tough.  Any thoughts or recommendations for these really beautiful pieces?  Delicate looking are  the key words. 

@qualitygal   I haven't read through this thread yet, but I'll say, from making jewelry formany years, the box chain is the strongest link, doesn't kink and smoothe to waer as bracelet or necklace. They come in all gauges and even the smallest, IMO, is strong and dependable. Also look for a box type closure instead of a lobster claw which can bend and/or break where it's attached.

Respected Contributor

I’ve bought several very thing gold over silver bangles from Etsy. They have lasted several years without damage or tarnish. Pretty to wear alone for a tiny gleam on your wrist, or stacked.

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Width=strength.  Sorry!