Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---OCTOBER 2014

Thanks Mistic. Too small for me, but I always like to know about great sales.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, ladies.

It's a bright, but chilly day here in the Northeast. Awaiting my next project and enjoying a bit of a respite.

Hi Valusky and Mistic: it's always good to hear from others. We all have different tastes and budgets and that is what makes this little "hobby" interesting! Smiley Happy

If you like the Invicta tanzanite and morganite watches, but want something smaller, Invicta has released 28mm versions on stingray straps. That makes me happy, because even though they are smaller, they're more of a classic size, ensuring that one can enjoy them for many years to come. They're not cheap, after all.

They have also released a Swiss Made Akula Tiger and a diamond Lady Zeus. For me the tiger them is a bit much, but there are some who love the big cats and are more adventuresome in their sartorial choices. Smiley Happy The Diamond Lady Zeus is also Swiss Made. By now Invicta/Shop (same thing!) have signaled that if we get Swiss watches, we're not getting them on the cheap. They are listed high enough that even as a Once Only, you won't see under $300. It's not possible. Maybe somewhere else, but not there.

Respected Contributor

My orange strap WB has arrived. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} #19/99 Limited production. If it keeps time, it's a keeper for sure. I had to reset the time and date, although the watch was running and the crown wasn't screwed down. Beautiful mop dial (once I realized there was a plastic over the dial and scraped it off) {#emotions_dlg.blink}. Strap is comfortable. Watch is big and bold. Diamond 8 sparkles nicely. Screw-down crown and Swiss movement. Great sale price.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome Mistic, and welcome back ValuSkr. LJ, I have been patiently waiting for this orange strapped R but now after reading your post I can hardly wait. Oh it's in my city, today at noon but too late for the mail delivery. Tomorrow by noon I ought to be a happy camper also. Smiley Wink)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Good morning all.

LavJ, glad that you like your WB/Beauty. Orange is a perfect color for fall!

Jena, I guess you will have something to look forward to. Smiley Happy

I see that Invicta Women of the Hour shows have been scheduled for today. Pls. check your local listings.

Respected Contributor

Java: thanks for the heads up.

Jena: watch is running fine. It's going into the watch box, if I can find room, today. Hope you love yours too. My only criticism of the watch is the date window is tiny and I can't read it without a magnifier or loupe. For such a big watch, they should have made a slightly larger date window. But this problem is not unique to this watch... I can rarely read the date window on any watch.... even with my glasses on.

Trusted Contributor

Well my #14/99 orange R "Beauty" arrived and it's perfect. I find the 1st hole on the strap next to the case is where I need to be. I hate loose watches. The MOP is not the most exciting I own but it's there, depending on which way I tip it. Lol. I like the boldness of this 40mm over my 35mm R's that look like this. Here I ordered after you did, LJ and I get a lower # than you got. They are not stored in any order you can see that. Looks like how did I buy the last one and get #14?{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I can read the date window but it could be larger. At least it's there.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

ETA: My watch didn't need resetting anywhere. Oh the date was the 1st I guess but it was right on the min. and hr. Hope it keeps up the good work.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jenagal, glad to hear your orange renato beauty is a keeper. My orange renato beauty (5/99) and pink renato (39/99) arrived today. Both had the plastic wrapping on and the stopper in the stems. Looked brand new but , yes there is a but, I was not wowed as I thought I'd be . I found them bulky and heavy on my wrist and I am pretty sure I won't wear them often. So they are going back tomorrow. Anyone wanting these should look up the Shop inventory in about a week or so. They are beautiful watches and great for the price but just not for me. Lavender junkie and JavaQueen enjoy your renato watches.
Trusted Contributor

Anisha, sorry to hear about the watches not wowing you. As far as the 40mm case, I like the presense and the heft to it. I also wear a strap less than 6" and for the price and it's a hard to come by womens Renato, it's a keeper for me. For some reason I must not pass up a ladies Renato. Because it's the end of them, I guess. There always will be other watches that will trip your trigger. You tried. That pink fasicnates me, do I need yet another color of the same style watch...?? LavJ will grab it up. Smiley Wink)
Respected Contributor

anisha: sorry the Renato 40mm watch didn't work for you. I do understand, because I found the 40mm to be oversized too. I wear other 40mm watches without problem, so I assume I just have to get used to this one. I think it's the width of the strap that made it appear so large to me. My watch wasn't wrapped and didn't have a stopper. It was just in a plastic bag, but it did have the plastic seal over the dial and on the back. I don't think it was ever worn, but it might have been tried on.

I thought I had written off getting the pink one, but after reading your post, I'll have to give that some consideration again. Need to wear my orange strap version soon so I can make an educated decision and not just buy the pink one when/if it pops up. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}