Valued Contributor

Re: This year's Klondike Gold Rush is a SLEEPER!

On 8/18/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: Lots of unhappy women watching a channel they are disgusted with. Who has the POWER here?
Amazes me as well. It must be an addiction.... can't watch but can't not watch at the same time Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I finally broke down and ordered the most expensive item I have in my 15 years shopping the Q. In the 2012 Klondike Gold Rush, the TSV was the Tri-Color Solid 14k 1/10 ct tw Diamond Ten-Band Highway Ring. I bought the ring and the matching earrings. There was also a bangle. It was $1699 and not within my budget due to my other purchases. I put it on my wishlist.

Eventually it went to a clearance price of $1499. I wanted it lower. For the last couple of gold events, QVC dropped the price to $1399, and after the show, put it back to $1499. I decided that if QVC, once again, dropped it to $1399, I would bite. Imagine my surprise when the price was dropped to $1199, free shipping (actually it's free 2-day air shipping), and 6 EP's.

I remember that when David was presenting the bangle in 2012 he mentioned that it was solid like the ring and earrings, and that it was 24 gms of gold. At $1199 I am happy with the price considering it also has 1/5 ct of diamonds. And it's solid.

For me, a very good gold rush day.

Valued Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Vickie00 said:

I finally broke down and ordered the most expensive item I have in my 15 years shopping the Q. In the 2012 Klondike Gold Rush, the TSV was the Tri-Color Solid 14k 1/10 ct tw Diamond Ten-Band Highway Ring. I bought the ring and the matching earrings. There was also a bangle. It was $1699 and not within my budget due to my other purchases. I put it on my wishlist.

Eventually it went to a clearance price of $1499. I wanted it lower. For the last couple of gold events, QVC dropped the price to $1399, and after the show, put it back to $1499. I decided that if QVC, once again, dropped it to $1399, I would bite. Imagine my surprise when the price was dropped to $1199, free shipping (actually it's free 2-day air shipping), and 6 EP's.

I remember that when David was presenting the bangle in 2012 he mentioned that it was solid like the ring and earrings, and that it was 24 gms of gold. At $1199 I am happy with the price considering it also has 1/5 ct of diamonds. And it's solid.

Congrats on getting a great deal for yourself! Smiley Happy I think you got this one: http://www.qvc.com/Tri-color-Highway-Design-Bangle-with-15-cttw-Diamond,-14K.product.J271137.html?sc...
Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 8/18/2014 Vickie00 said:

Congrats on getting a great deal for yourself! Smiley Happy I think you got this one: http://www.qvc.com/Tri-color-Highway-Design-Bangle-with-15-cttw-Diamond,-14K.product.J271137.html?sc...

Yes, that is it. And it is now back to $1499.

Respected Contributor

Adi Paz is the only gold of merit in my opinion, and there was none during this gold rush, though there are some good prices on their pages.
Valued Contributor

On 8/18/2014 rac71 said: I ordered the 18" twisted rope, J295602.
The chain arrived today. It was twisted at the clasp so it could not be undone Sioux damage. Also, the color was very off, extremely pale, with very little yellow gold cast, which makes me question the alloys used. It went straight back. No more made in China no-name QVC brand for me. It's Eternagold or another established company from now on. I think I'll go ahead and get that the Adi Paz Star of David I was eyeing since I sent back the last two gold purchases.
New Contributor

I know I am late writing this but I enjoyed the latest gold show immensely. In this market I think QVC does a great job of offering gold for all budgets. No other shopping channel that I can find even comes close. I was able to buy the 14k gold textured and polished status link necklace from Turkey. It comes in gold and two tone. I bought the yellow gold in 18 inches and I am thrilled. It weights in at a little over 20 grams on my scale and I can hang pendants off the large clasp. Some reviews complained about the color of the gold but I got out my polish and removed the tarnish and it is beautiful!! I think some people forget how yellow gold tarnishes. I like David Markstein as well because he seems pretty low key but at the same time really passionate about what he does. Anyway, to each his own!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/31/2014 txperfesser said:

I know I am late writing this but I enjoyed the latest gold show immensely. In this market I think QVC does a great job of offering gold for all budgets. No other shopping channel that I can find even comes close. I was able to buy the 14k gold textured and polished status link necklace from Turkey. It comes in gold and two tone. I bought the yellow gold in 18 inches and I am thrilled. It weights in at a little over 20 grams on my scale and I can hang pendants off the large clasp. Some reviews complained about the color of the gold but I got out my polish and removed the tarnish and it is beautiful!! I think some people forget how yellow gold tarnishes. I like David Markstein as well because he seems pretty low key but at the same time really passionate about what he does. Anyway, to each his own!!

I got the same necklace in the 16 inch, already own the bracelet. I have a beautiful 18k cross enhancer that I purchased years ago from QVC, came on a brown leather cord with 18k end caps, looks great on the clasp and the color matches beautifully. I also plan to connect bracelet and necklace together and wear with bulky sweaters. Enjoy yours and wear it in good health.