Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered anything yet, but I did just go through the inventory.  I'm relieved not to see the bright metallic colors, looked like car paint, not pearls.  Way back when I did order a rather expensive strand of some pearl strand in peacock that was not knotted between the pearls.  You know what happened, it broke and scattered pearls.  I picked them up and mailed them to the New York repair address with the required 15.00.  Since I had lost some of the pearls I asked them to fill in with anything on hand, my hair would cover the back.  They sent back only what I had sent them, it was too short for me.  I ended up selling it at a local auction to someone with a small neck.  I figure the repair people didn't speak English.  It was an expensive strand and the whole deal left a bad taste in my mouth.

Honored Contributor

I have a 50+ year-old Golden South Sea pearl necklace from my mom. It's never been restrung and it needs it. But since I would never wear it, the thing just sits in a box. I really don't trust anyone to restring it anyway. I should just sell it.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a lot of those colored pearls.  I think they are pretty.  But I rarely wear them.  Wish I had not gotten swept up in the hype.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

I have really been enjoying the "New Honora" offerings, and the shows.  Everyone loves Joel.  So far the items I ordered are beautiful and great quality.  I got the double chain necklace with the 2 different pearl designs. The 18k over silver is very pretty, and the pearls are clean and lustrous.  I also got the "highway" style ring with the button pearls and a couple of Diamonique stones scattered in the design.  That is also beautiful and looks great on the hand.  

Yesterday, I ordered one of the pearl station/tin cup style necklaces and matching bracelet.  I hope those will be just as nice. They are getting good reviews so far.  The partnership with the Italian mfr seems to be working well for Honora.  Hope it continues.  Good to see Joel back. 

I have a few of the colored pearl strands from years ago, and enjoy wearing them with causal outfits.  But the new pieces are what I will wear for business and dressier social occasions.  

Honored Contributor

lol  I wear my colored pearls more often than the traditionals.  For me, it's pretty much a lifestyle thing.  My life has become so casual that my traditional strands feel out of place to me. 

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I had a Honora bracelet that broke. I called the repair dept and guess who I spoke with Joel! Apparently he was with the team and when the call came in he decide to take it. He was just as personable as on tv. Gave me instruction, sent it in and repairs completed! I wear my pearls all the time. I do have one strand that I inherited from an aunt that she picked the pearls and then had it strung. It's one of my most treasured possessions! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of pearls, especially  Honora, however, it was good to see Joel again.  He appeared to be well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm not a pearl girl unless they're baroque, funky and set and/or strung with with cool oxidized sterling silver. 

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon I would love to see your jewlery collection!  I bet it is super cool! I am very basic in my taste and I love to look at what others have.  I always walk away with some inspiration and then on a hunt for a few new piece!  Wear it all in good health!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Franklinbell ! That's very sweet. 😊