Frequent Contributor

Wish QVC and the designer of Diamonique Step Mixed-Cut Statement Bridal Ring (Sterling Silver) Item # J371881 would consider making the center stone of this ring smaller for those of us with petite hands that LOVE the style of this ring, but the large stone makes it look totally fake on us. This ring would have been a KEEPER.

Honored Contributor

Re: Smaller Center Stone

[ Edited ]

That sounds like a MALE opinion....(heard that from fiancé #1)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

FYI, this is NOT a male's opinion, the Center stone 2.74 carats is way to big in MY opinion for us ladies that have smaller hands. It does not look right on us. Some people may like the huge look of this size stone on their hand, I personally do not like the way it looked on my petite hand. I'd rather have a smaller stone to make it look more "real" than fake..

Honored Contributor

@Donna2019    Well.....I'm REALLY small, but I'm one who doesn't follow your theory.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Donna2019  @Desertdi   Just a matter of personal preference, interesting discussion.  I loved the Cartier style "The Amy" dmq ring that was very popular on QVC, BUT a 4 caret weight ring made it an unbelievable ring for a diamond price point. Many expressed a desire for this ring in a smaller ct....if this ring was offered in a 2-3 total ct. weight...it would be highly desirable. A classic style and a believable ring. (Actually the most popular size for an engagement ring is 3/4 of a carat).   For those who live large and could care less...enjoy!  Or if you have a fiance who can afford the high-dollar price tag. of the real deal...more power to you. 

I think QVC would sell more engagement style rings if they did not exceed 2cts for a center stone. A four+ caret ring is just not reality.  A lot of people are concerned about believability as well as the size of the hand.  But if your preference is go big or go home...work it!

Honored Contributor

A bigger cz stone just draws attention to it being fake. I'm have simple tastes so something less than a ct. is my preference. Bigger is not always better and it would be nice to have a range. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Donna2019  @Desertdi   Just a matter of personal preference, interesting discussion.  I loved the Cartier style "The Amy" dmq ring that was very popular on QVC, BUT a 4 caret weight ring made it an unbelievable ring for a diamond price point. Many expressed a desire for this ring in a smaller ct....if this ring was offered in a 2-3 total ct. weight...it would be highly desirable. A classic style and a believable ring. (Actually the most popular size for an engagement ring is 3/4 of a carat).   For those who live large and could care less...enjoy!  Or if you have a finance who can afford the high-dollar price tag. of the real deal...more power to you. 

I think QVC would sell more engagement style rings if they did not exceed 2cts for a center stone. A four+ caret ring is just not reality.  A lot of people are concerned about believability as well as the size of the hand.  But if your preference is go big or go home...work it!

@phoenixbrd    Actually, I wear a hammered cigar band wedding ring, and a 3ct solitiare alexandrite on my right hand.   (Diamonds aren't really "my thing"......)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi  - Well....good for you than if that's what you prefer.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   Sounds stunning!  A three carat Alexandrite is a challenge to find,,,,lucky you.  And that cigar band wedding ring.....creative, edgy, and exquisite!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse  Yea, me too.....simple classic, like a Tiffany solitaire knife-edge high grade/cut/clarity 2 carat engagement ring.Smiley Wink  And you are right if the dmq center stone is large it can look fake;  if you are really after believability but don't care to spend 50K on the diamond, I would go with a moissionite and no bigger that 2ct.  Although the sparkle is so brilliant, it will give it away if you have a discerning eye.  For me, I would love the sparkle and could care less,,,,my priorities don't justify springing for the Tiffany.  You are right there with most of the population and the size diamond that they purchase.  Just love what you buy...no right or wrongHeart