Valued Contributor

Looks like competing home shopping channel is discontinuing Studio Barse jewelry line.  I would love to see them come to QVC!  This is the price point designer line we need much more of on QVC!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Saw Studio Barse designs at Dilliards when visiting Arizona.  They are lovely and better priced at the store.  I wonder why HSN let them go.

Honored Contributor

@just wonderThe only time I saw that line in person was at a local Dillard's.  I wasn't a buyer.  Did HSN carry a better version maybe?

Respected Contributor

I have many pieces of Barse jewelry I purchased from Dillard's and their website.  Frankly, they lost me when they started pushing the bronze metals.  They are hideous and impossible to keep clean.  I love their bold sterling and gemstone pieces though.

Respected Contributor

I think the Dillard's line of Barse jewelry was superior to anything I saw on HSN.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I have many pieces of Barse jewelry I purchased from Dillard's and their website.  Frankly, they lost me when they started pushing the bronze metals.  They are hideous and impossible to keep clean.  I love their bold sterling and gemstone pieces though.

I agree @KentuckyWoman~

She used to make beautiful silver pieces with really pretty gemstones, esp. some smokey quartz.

But then it was like she totally changed what she was making-southwest style pieces of bronze and turquoise.

Maybe they weren't selling as well. I missed what she used to do-they were really pretty and affordable.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@just wonderThe only time I saw that line in person was at a local Dillard's.  I wasn't a buyer.  Did HSN carry a better version maybe?

Actually, HSN sold a cheap version of what Dillard's has sold.  Barse went off into the alternative metal route when the price of silver went up.  Everything was bronze or brass and "manufactured" gemstones, very cheap.  People don't want that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I think the Dillard's line of Barse jewelry was superior to anything I saw on HSN.  JMO.

@KentuckyWoman, ITA, I love the sterling silver pieces by Barse, but HSN's Studio Barse had mixed metals and I did not care for that!

Valued Contributor

The vendor that sell jade jewelry  on HSN made a comment abut 2 years ago. That  HSN  wanted her to use bronze and she refuse. Notice that the vendors who did  get on that band wagon(Nicky Bulter, Jay King)  of bronze metal or what I call mystery metal came back to their silver line. Studio Barse stayed with until last year.

New Contributor

I have a number of Barse sterling silver and gemstone pieces. I love them. One of my favorite rings is Barse copper and Mother of Pearl. I only have about 3 pieces of Barse bronze and I don't like it as well. All of Barse came from Dillard's department store, but the Lexington location phased Barse out.