Super Contributor

Same Turquoise ring from a few years ago? J319421

Does anybody think J319421 looks the like the same turquoise ring from a few years ago? I was thinking this ring was one of the first gold -rush rings that was filled with silicone. Back then there was a lot talk because it was silicone filled. Just curious if anybody remembers this ring ?

moongirl

Contributor

Re: Same Turquoise ring from a few years ago? J319421

Yes, this definitely was a ring from the past as well as the matching pendant and also the earrings. At the time it was offered, it was in either turquoise or coral. Several years ago I did purchase the ring in coral at one of the QVC Outlet stores and have worn it quite often. Unfortunately, now it does have a dent in it.

Honored Contributor

It absolutely is. I have that ring. It came in turquoise and in coral and I believe it went on clearance in both, as I have it in both and don't think I paid full price for either. When I first saw it offered this time around I was really surprised to see it again and being offered as if it was even marginally a new piece. Unless they produced more of them, that ring has been around for several years.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 stevieb said:

It absolutely is. I have that ring. It came in turquoise and in coral and I believe it went on clearance in both, as I have it in both and don't think I paid full price for either. When I first saw it offered this time around I was really surprised to see it again and being offered as if it was even marginally a new piece. Unless they produced more of them, that ring has been around for several years.

Not uncommon at all, I've noticed many re-do's in jewelry design. Manufactures design teams must be scrambling for ideas to keep up with demand. Something else I find, the same jewelry design simultaneously on shopping channel and other websites being sold by various vendors. Oops.

Super Contributor

Thank you ,ladies...I thought it was the same ring that came in both the turquoise and the coral. I remember the talk about the silicone . I think gold and turquoise are beautiful together. I was so tempted~I worried about how well it would hold up...

I see they extended the gold-rush prices thru the week-end... hmm...

moongirl

Respected Contributor

I have that ring, too. It was a clearance price and no where near the $300-plus it is now.

Honored Contributor

This one... Currently listed for $339... Guess they want to make the most of the mine being closed...

Honored Contributor

Maybe they had some hiding in the vault? Or maybe it was made again with Sleeping Beauty Turquoise? In any case, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has bought multiples! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Maybe they had some hiding in the vault? Or maybe it was made again with Sleeping Beauty Turquoise? In any case, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has bought multiples! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oh, but I absolutely do... Unlike some, though, it isn't standard operating procedure...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}