Respected Contributor

Re: Never Seen Judith Ripka's Eyes.

This is a regrettable posting. Judith Ripka is fine on her shows.

Regular Contributor

On 2/6/2014 sparklestar said:

Since she didn't give her reasons for her thoughts, then I guess she did leave it up to others to determine why she feels the way she does. I do believe she started this deliberately knowing what would happen. If I chose not to buy for that reason, I would not need to announce it, would keep it to myself, and would not post it in the JR forum.

Smile

ITA - this was definitely started deliberately as per usual when Judith is on. i truly wish no one would even bother commenting on posts like these. Too late for this one but I would love it if Ripkanista's (self included) would just totally ignore negative posts about Judith and her jewelry. Kiss

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2014 jojo12 said:
On 2/6/2014 sparklestar said:

Since she didn't give her reasons for her thoughts, then I guess she did leave it up to others to determine why she feels the way she does. I do believe she started this deliberately knowing what would happen. If I chose not to buy for that reason, I would not need to announce it, would keep it to myself, and would not post it in the JR forum.

Smile

ITA - this was definitely started deliberately as per usual when Judith is on. i truly wish no one would even bother commenting on posts like these. Too late for this one but I would love it if Ripkanista's (self included) would just totally ignore negative posts about Judith and her jewelry. Kiss

That would be nice and would make life much easier around here ... a very nice thought. If only!Smile

Frequent Contributor

Judith Ripka is a lovely woman. She is elegant and graceful. If you don't like the jewelry, fine, but please don't attack the woman. That's just nasty, hateful and spiteful. We certainly don't need that here!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with those who say she does look down and plays with the jewelry BUT not when she is speaking. When she is speaking she looks directly at the camera and I have never seen her doing otherwise.
Super Contributor

On 2/6/2014 knittybitty said: Judith Ripka is a lovely woman. She is elegant and graceful. If you don't like the jewelry, fine, but please don't attack the woman. That's just nasty, hateful and spiteful. We certainly don't need that here!

I agree with you & the other ladies that have said this. The OP knew exactly what would happen when she posted this.

Regular Contributor

I know this has been beaten to death...I want to add something...I was watching a show I previously taped today and it is true. she looks down a lot...too much....I am sure that the monitor is low and, as others have said, she is watching it... she was with Lisa, who, on the other hand, looks directly out into TV land as if I am right there, directly in her eyesight..no need to look down...this is professional training. I think JR could be coached about this and yes, it is uncomfortable to watch...BUT...stardust...you implied dishonesty (in my opinion) and that is what got people hot and bothered...just my 2 cents.....

judy

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 chessylady said: Lots of Ripka fans here who allow no hint of criticism. Just like the WEN/Chaz groupies.

I like her stuff, you have to be careful, she is way over priced now.Her phoney laugh, or maybe it's her real laugh are what get me, that eha, eha, eha.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/6/2014 colliegirls said:

I have noticed that she is very often looking at the monitor. Whether she is looking at herself or the jewelry, she is always gracious and lovely to the hosts and the callers.

I agree she looks down alot....but also feel she is looking at the monitor....and yes...at herself or the jewelry.....both.

Super Contributor

I think the TV cameras are very bright and it's hard to look into the camera when you're not used to it.