Super Contributor

Re: Never Seen Judith Ripka's Eyes.

I am not a Ripkanista, so I have no particular stake in this claim, other than noticing this is a very odd topic.
Honored Contributor

The old saying, "when you talk to someone....look them in the eye" has been taken way too far here. Haven't you known people who can look you in the eye and lie through their teeth? What an unkind thing to say about someone you don't really know.

Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed that she is very often looking at the monitor. Whether she is looking at herself or the jewelry, she is always gracious and lovely to the hosts and the callers.

Valued Contributor

Judith has said before that she is very shy on camera. I remember her and Rick discussing her first visit once and she said she couldn't barely speak and Rick had to carry her.

She said she still gets very nervous but she loves her fans so much and hearing from them makes it easier for her.

I couldn't care less if you like her designs or not, doesn't phase me one way or the t'other, but I do not think Judith is shady in the slightest, quite the opposite.

Super Contributor

OP...when I read the title to this thread I knew what you meant, and I don't watch the Ripka shows anymore. Quit watching when a magnetic closure bracelet was lost before I even finished paying for it. She does look down ALOT.

Honored Contributor

She does look down a lot, but not when she is speaking to someone. I think she is looking at moniters or adjusting jewelry. However, I think the OP is just not crazy about JR.

I don't buy much Ripka because it's all starting to look alike to me. However, I have never seen Judith (or her reps) less than gracious.

Super Contributor

Hey OP!

Have you ever thought that Judith doesn't always stare into the camera, because she doesn't want to appear like a "deer in headlights?"

Remember, George W. Bush? He was looked like that on t.v.!!!

She does look in the camera plenty!!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2014 judyakm said:

I can be shy and I certainly don't like cameras directed at me, perhaps she is like me and tho she has to be on TV, maybe the cameras make her uncomfortable....Stardust2, there are other reasons for this than what you insinuated.....

And that's what people are taking exception to - not that the OP may not like Judith Ripka or her line of jewelry; that's a personal preference.

It's the insinuation that by not looking "into the camera", JR is inherently being dishonest, condescending or sneaky. The OP "would never buy from someone who can't look into the camera" and that implies that the OP thinks such a person is being deliberately dishonest. (And sorry to those who think some posters are being unkind in their responses, but I think the insinuation was quite deliberate. It was totally unnecessary.) JMO.

Respected Contributor

Since she didn't give her reasons for her thoughts, then I guess she did leave it up to others to determine why she feels the way she does. I do believe she started this deliberately knowing what would happen. If I chose not to buy for that reason, I would not need to announce it, would keep it to myself, and would not post it in the JR forum.

Smile

Super Contributor

I couldn't care less what the host or vendor looks like, I'm not looking at them, I'm only interested in seeing what's being sold. I'm not buying Ms Ripka, so she could be a two-headed chicken behind that desk and I wouldn't notice or care.