Super Contributor

Re: Is Jeff Moseley Trying to Be Like Peyton Kelley?

[ Edited ]

Jeff Moseley brought to QVC some exceptional designs, including tanzanite.

There is no need to be Peyton Kelley since he is the only one.

Jeff is personable, fun and enthusiastic. A lot of guests jump from one channel to another. No blame here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pyrite2616. @Caaareful Shopper.  I don't think Peyton Kelly was such a hot hot in his job at QVC either.  While he was supposedly the head buyer, jewelry sales declined miserably while other shopping channels were apparently doing well.

There were several trends that came and went, namely drusy, spinel and Morganite, and we didn't see a piece of it on QVC until we'd  bought all we needed elsewhere.

Wasn't Peytons departure from QVC involuntary?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pyrite2616. @Caaareful Shopper.  I don't think Peyton Kelly was such a hot hot in his job at QVC either.  While he was supposedly the head buyer, jewelry sales declined miserably while other shopping channels were apparently doing well.

There were several trends that came and went, namely drusy, spinel and Morganite, and we didn't see a piece of it on QVC until we'd  bought all we needed elsewhere.

@Kachina624  I do believe it was involuntary.

Mary DeAngelis was doing a humorous live behind the scenes video in the QVC lobby and Operations Desk one day for Facebook.  Just as Peyton was about to walk past her, Mary, being Mary, asked Peyton if he wanted to say something to viewers as she was live recording.  Peyton looked visibly upset and said, "Lord no" and kept walking.   It was so uncharacteristic for charming Peyton, that's why I remember it to this day.  Mary gave a startled and embarrassed look, and I think she immediately realized something was wrong.  

It was the next day it was discovered that Peyton would no longer be a jewelry ambassador for QVC.

Those two things are probably no coincidence. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Peyton was head gemstone jewelry buyer; I can't fault him because he was operating within QVC's various constraints as any jewelry buyer does for these networks.  These people don't have carte blanche to do what they want--they've got to thread a needle that incorporates market research, customer expectations, customer financial outlay caps, volume production, etc.  No one can touch him for his knowledge of the stones, then his personal discussions of his prior acquisitions of parcels they were able to make, etc.

Jeff is GIA too and he's looking to develop his approach in presentations. He's not bad; he's just different than Peyton. They each have their own styles and that's OK.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for sharing that with us @Caaareful Shopper 

Honored Contributor

There is a huge mark up on all the jewelry sold on shopping channels.  I'm ok with that.  Im not watching because I'm not interested in QVC jewelry and after decades of collecting jewelry, I have everything I want.  But it does seem like they are adding new jewelry vendors and that is a good thing.  As for Jeff.  He's trying to be the new Jeff Mosley.  He doesn't care about Peyton.  Jeff is GG with probably over 25 years in the jewelry business at all levels including many years as a host on Jewelry Tv.  He spent some time at Tiffany's when he left QVC.  

Valued Contributor

No two gems are alike.

Contributor

Jeff recently moved to Gem Shopping as a rep for Gem Bleu.  I last saw him several weeks ago but haven't seen him since.  Gem Bleu was presenting their line today - they have the most exquisite Tanzanite I have ever seen, no comparison to many other lines.

I wonder if they let Jeff fo as well or if he left on his own.  He doesn't seem to last long anywhere!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't get the love for Kelly either, 

and Q is always a step behind the trends 

Honored Contributor

Selling two pieces of tanzanite is obviousy not a full time gig.  In other industries these people might be called independent contractors, not real employees.  And who am I to argue that he might be a billion years off on the age of zircon?  Who is anyone?