Regular Contributor

Is Diamonique quality going downhill??

I haven't bought any Diamonique for some time but read alot of posts which say they think the stones aren't the sames quality as before. Any thoughts??

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Diamonique quality going downhill??

IMO it's pretty much the same quality, I have compaired it to my old Diamonique and it looks the same to me. I think if you buy 14k Diamonique you may notice the gold is thinner than it was years ago, but the stones are the same. I always buy clad and the finish has never come off. I love Diamonique and wish they would get Tacori back.

Trusted Contributor

I still love the quality of diamonique.  I feel quality is just as good. 
If anything, their styles have truly emerged to modern day.

Just my opinion but it stands on its own, just beautiful, but then again, I have not been shopping QVC as long as many of you.  Only been at the Q for about 8 yrs.

Respected Contributor

It has. The clarity, quality, and setting of most stones have changed. The quality of the ring bands, and earrings have become thinner, and the chains on some necklaces are thin, and closings are smaller. The Dominique I purchased in the early 90's is better and that is in regard to the stone, not with regard to what it is particularly set in.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the quality of the Diamonique stones themselves have changed but the settings into which they're placed are not as nice as they used to be.  Skimping on silver. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I still have my first piece of Diamonique that I bought from Rick way back when it was only about 25.00 and it was a 3 stone pendant.   It still has sparkle and fire.

Today the price is way over that and from the reviews I've read the settings are flimsy and cause the stone to fall out.

How sad it is that they chapened up on the one thoroghbred they had.  I wonder if the people upstairs really understands this company.

Trusted Contributor

At least they guarantee it, and will fix it, if a stone falls out. I haven't had to do the process yet, but read other posts on going through the process. Someone got a credit when there was a situation that couldn't be repaired.

I do have one stone that looks junkier though. It did make me wonder if they bought other CZ and just labeled it Diamonique. The stamp said China so maybe some are cheaper and they are losing those customers that try those by chance?

Honored Contributor

Blackhole....yes to Tacori!  

Honored Contributor

It's the gold that has gone downhill.  My 25 year old pieces are great, but recent purchases are misshapen due to thin gold.

Trusted Contributor

I went to the Diamonique page to check out rings and found they had 629 rings available and under stone this is what they display:

Cubic Zirconia  -  622

Simulated Gemstone    -   50

Lab Created Stone    -   2

Diamonique    -    1

so where is Diamonique today?  Only one real Diamonique stone availabe in a ring?

I think I will go on Ebay to find an original Diamonique ring.  They even have Epiphany which QVC doesn't list anymore.