Trusted Contributor

Re: I miss the ""old"" Silver Style

Ditto. I loved Jill. Never saw Jane do them. I Loved the variety, the detailed explanations of the items. I rarely watch them now. They seem to want to push the designer stuff. I have a lot of jewelry and I am cutting way back. I have some Hagit pieces and Dawkins and many, many, regular non-designer items. I'm trying to wear what I have. But the show was definitely entertaining and I wish it would come back the way it was.

Valued Contributor

Sometimes it was four hours of affordable silver. QVC doesn't seem to get what we really want to see. I have a lot anyway but all there is now is designer overpriced stuff. Jane was fun to watch then. You could get a lot for $25 in those days. Sunday mornings was a perfect. Now they put it on at 4 to 6am. Boo.

Honored Contributor

My favorite silver pieces that I wear almost daily are from those shows....no designer names, just substantial, well-made pieces that are timeless....I think Jane was in her prime during those shows!

Respected Contributor

I remember the really old days when it was called Silver Savings. Then they changed the name to Silver Style. I always looked forward to the monthly 4 hour silver shows - boy, do I miss those days!!

I remember back in the day when plain silver was sold - just beautiful, gleaming, pure sterling silver. Then QVC decided to have silver shows with tons of druzy, black spinel and opaque gemstones. Mostly gone were the beautiful peridot, citrine, blue topaz, garnet and amethyst gemstones that sometimes would grace different silver pieces. Remember the 'colors' of silver they offered? Blue, red, purple, green, etc. IMO, it looked so cheap - I could never understand why you would want to color the beauty of silver.

I just want to add that I've seen Rachel Boesing do some silver shows lately and I think she does a great job. Her hands are beautiful to present the different items and she does a great job at describing the pieces. I even ordered two pieces on her show the other day. A bracelet and a ring, both on clearance prices!

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed that show, too when they had unique and affordable silver jewelry. I have a lot of things from that time period that I wear and enjoy very much. I have some of the "designer" silver but I still love my old stuff.

Honored Contributor

Face it, I think a lot of us are missing a lot of things about the 'old' Q. Too bad they don't seem to care a bit. Instead, it seems the programming just keeps getting more and more repetitive and the product mix just seems to get worse and worse.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you all. Another thing I like about the show was that it seemed like it wasn't a high pressure sales show but a show for viewers who loved silver or wanted to start an intro to silver. I can see I was sipping my coffee with many of you!

Respected Contributor

I used to nurse my son and he would wake up sometimes on silver style. I would be feeding him and making a purchase. That was 8 years ago.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

Yes, Jane and then Jill were both great on the silver shows. I have never been a big fan of getting up early on the weekends but for silver savings/style I did. Remember sitting in the den recliner with my coffee and toast. I purchased many items that I still have and wear today. The styles were unique and I always felt back then that the quality was outstanding. I miss that from the Q.
Frequent Contributor

I do recall those shows too especially when Jill hosted them. I loved the shows from about 12-14 years ago and all the weighty silver pieces featured from all parts of the world. Fortunately I was able to retain most of these lovely collections. My how times have changed!