Trusted Contributor

Re: I miss the ""old"" Silver Style

I used to set my alarm (and I'm out west, so it was early) to watch the Silver Style shows of years ago. I got some of my first pieces on QVC from those shows. They always had a nice variety of all kinds of gemstones and different vendors.

I miss those days too!

Esteemed Contributor

One of the things which was most appealing about the Silver Style (originally Silver Savings) shows is that each month there were always a handful of items making their on air debut. Of course even in the good old days big sellers and customer favorites were shown a lot, but at least the effort was made to keep the show fresh with the tease of new items.

I understand that QVC felt they had to evolve their programming, but when Silver Style was a regular monthly Sunday show I frequently tuned in even if for only an hour. These days I don't even think about tuning into QVC on Sunday morning. That said, apparently my viewing/shopping preference is in the minority and they have found that they have a better audience (thus more potential shoppers) with the format they use now.

Valued Contributor

I miss the 4 hour Silver Style once a month on Sunday morning extremely much; this was the highlight of my viewing week on the Q; I never missed it, and always purchased at least one item, usually more. I still love the pieces of got from Silver Style and would LOVE to see it brought back, with either Jill or Jane hosting. What a wonderful show with great sterling pieces and great guests!

Esteemed Contributor

I used to enjoy the shows also. I would drink my coffee, read the paper, and dress to Silver Style, enjoying both Jane and then Jill. Jewelry shows have always been my favorite shows to watch, there used to be many until the economy changed. I would love to see the jewelry shows return in frequency.

Valued Contributor

I miss it too. I used to really enjoy the 4 hours of silver, though I didn't always see all of the show. I was in California so it was on from 5AM-9AM. Since I was sleeping on the couch, I would often see the first couple of hours, snooze for an hour and catch the last hour. I bought some really pretty chains and pins. I used to also enjoy the Taxco silver shows. I do own one pair of Judith Ripka earring that I bought about 8 years ago and I love them - even my father complemented me on them, but they were $70.00 back then and I just can't bring myself to spend so much money nowadays. Good thing I bought silver through the 90's-early 2000's. I own very little real gold -just what my father gave me and a beautiful horse pendant that I had to have. It was the reason I got my first credit card!Smile

Super Contributor

I loved Silver Style also. For years I enjoyed watching it curled up with a cup of coffee, there were some very nice pieces, and they were nice quality. I think now, QVC has gotten so immersed in designer jewelry, they have really forgotten what nice jewelry shows they used to have. I don't know why they have all but discontinued silver shows. Now it is all stainless jewelry, designer silver, or resin filled gold (when there is gold). They used to have some very pretty artisan crafted pieces, and so many pretty things on Silver Style.. In fact earlier this week I pulled out a pair of shepherds hook carnelian scarab earrings to wear, that are lovely ( they are probably at least 10 years old, a Silver Style purchase I recall). They do not sell anything like that now. Also a beautiful green jade ring....what happened to QVC's pretty silver jewelry offerings? So sad at what the channel has become. No longer do they offer great shows like Silver Style, it is all high pressure and super expensive pieces. Too bad.

Honored Contributor

What an idea for a novel "new" show. Are you listening, QVC?