Honored Contributor

Re: How to clean bronze jewelry

I believe they have said that Bronzo is treated with some type of lacquer coating to retard tarnish. If that is the case, you don't want to use Brasso as it's slightly abrasive and would remove the finish. There really is nothing you can do to polish Bronzo. If it's dirty, clean with soap and water otherwise leave it alone. I've bought some untreated bronze rings at craft fairs. They are polished on a jeweler's wheel when new. They start tarnishing immediately, even in an anti-tarnish box. I've never been able to return them to their original shine.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

This is whats given under bronze cleaning and care guide for Bronzo jewelry

Clean It Gently

• Please use care when cleaning your bronze jewelry.
  • Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly with soft cloth.
  • Do not use ultrasonic cleaners, polishing creams, or polishing cloths, as these often contain chemicals and fine-grain abrasives.

Keep It Protected

• Jewelry and household chores don't work well together.
  • Before cleaning or doing other work around the house, please remove all jewelry items.
  • Keep your jewelry away from extreme heat and cold.

Store It Properly

• Understand that bronze can scratch or scruff other metal.
  • Diamonds and hard gemstones can destroy the luster of bronze and dull its polish.
  • Protect each piece by storing it in its own individual container or compartment.
Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies--Just another tip--I have a few brass pieces and I was told by the woman that makes one of them that a little bit of ketchup, believe it or not, is a great tarnish remover. Could get messy, of course. And I have yet to try this. But just another idea. I would also google it first.