Occasional Visitor

Re: Has Anyone Had A Problem With Judith Ripka Watches?

I have purchased several of Judith Ripka's watches, and none of them seem to last. I took several into the jeweler to have the batteries checked and found out the movements are very poor. They have stopped working and the jeweler told me they're not even worth fixing. I took it to a second jeweler to confirm, and he told me the same thing. These were not cheap watches. I paid almost $200 apiece. He said the quality was just not there. Very, very disappointed. I will never buy another piece of Judith Ripka jewelry!

Esteemed Contributor

Never had a problem with any of mine -- but never pulled the stems out, either.

Trusted Contributor

The irony of the stem out theory is the battery runs regardless of whether the stem is out or not. Watch experts say in order to save battery, it needs to be removed from the watch.
Honored Contributor

Nobody asked, but I'll tell you I have about 5 Ecclissi watches and they all still work.  Some are 20 years old.

Esteemed Contributor

Another Ecclissi watch can here!  I must have twenty, that are sterling, most bought second hand from Ebay. Been buying these for twenty years and they are all still good.  I don't pull out stem.