Honored Contributor

Earring Backs That Cover Stretched Holes

I saw these earring backs on Joyus, and they're also on amazon.  I got $5 off and free shipping.  Levears hold up the post earring so you can't see the stretched hole.  Sterling.  I'm getting some.

HSN has some with clear also included, but they're more with shipping and I'm hesitant to use a plastic back.

Image result for levears earring backs

Respected Contributor

Re: Earring Backs That Cover Stretched Holes

ECBG, thank you for posting those, they are similar to the Honora happy backs, but are sold separately, very useful!  I agree with you on the clear plastic clutch backs, I don't like them either, although that's all that's been available until now.  I guess I need to get on over to Amazon, but first I'll do an inventory of earrings that I need these clutch backs for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't get it. When you stretch your piercing, it's stretched all the way though, so if you're at say 10 gauge these aren't going to make it so you can wear little mini studs. The front will just slid in. Would be better off just to wear eyelets. 

These appear to be more for heavy studs to keep them balanced on the ear than for actual stretched lobes. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I caught one of my hoop earrings years ago and ripped one of my piercings.  When I started wearing Tahitian pearls, one earring always tipped forward, then I got acrylic discs from Rio Grande.  They come 100 in a pack and fit onto the post of any earring behind the ear, then you slip on your ear nut.

My earring selection has many MM sizes of posts so I couldn't buy just one set of ear nuts and expect them to fit all my earrings.  The acrylic disc's can be cut if you need them modified to hide them on the edge of the ear lobe.  They also can be used to hold Omega back earrings securely on the ear and not tipped forward. 

Honored Contributor

My piercings got very badly stretched from wearing those big, heavy earrings back in the 80s. Nothing I did would make them look alright. I finally went to my derm and had my earlobe skin tightened with a laser. My piercings are now nice and small...like the day I first had them done!Woman Very Happy Now I'm not self-conscience to wear any kind of earring. I'm just very careful not wear heavy ones now because they can still get stretched out again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought some stainless steel backs that are large (10mm diam) and have some weight to them, not heavy, so they keep studs from leaning forward on your ear by acting like a counter-weight on the lobe. They help support even the larger studs. I paid less than $8 for six pairs. Search ebay for "Large stainless steel friction ear nuts". These fit all of my posts with some minor adjustment of pulling apart or squeezing a little on the backs so they glide right on your posts and stay there.

s-l225.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

had streRe: Earring Backs That Cover Stretched Holes

I had stretched out holes in the 90's.  I went to a plastic Surgeon, had them sutured, after they healed, I had them re pierced.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't get it. When you stretch your piercing, it's stretched all the way though, so if you're at say 10 gauge these aren't going to make it so you can wear little mini studs. The front will just slid in. Would be better off just to wear eyelets. 

These appear to be more for heavy studs to keep them balanced on the ear than for actual stretched lobes. 

@jaxs momThe curl which is on the back of the ear is large enough to pull the earring front to the ear lobe surface preventing the droop.  

Some ladies use the stick ons on the lobe back, but I don't want to stress the post by trying to pierce that paper.  Good reviews.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom,The curl on the ear ring back acts like a counter lever to hold the er up to the ear.