Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

If you live in a blazing hot climate, metal jewelry can also get really warm to the touch...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

Not intentionally.  Salt water and sand would be horrible for jewelry and there is a high likelihood of losing the jewelry.  

Super Contributor

@qualitygal  I just wear a small pair of hoop earrings to the beach or the pool. 

My sister and I take a water aerobics class and there is one woman who looks like she unloaded her jewelry box on her neck to take the class!Smiley LOL

I guess whatever "floats your boat!" Pun intended.

Esteemed Contributor

The only jewelry I wear on the beach is my wedding band.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wear earrings. I feel maked without them.  I have starfish earrings that I like to wear on the beach.  However I don't wear a necklace on the beach because it makes me feel a bit hot & sticky if it's a very warm day.  I'll wear a beachy themed necklace around & about at the shore.  Sometimes I'll wear a chaep diamonique wedding band.  I don't like getting sunscreen on it so I don't wear it often.

I also don't really go in the water.  I stick my feet in and that's about it.

Honored Contributor

Never.  None. You can damage your jewelry on the beach, stolen, etc.  I just don't take jewelry when I'm on vacation.  I'm a swimmer.  I'm swimming in the pool & the ocean.  You can lose your jewelry at sea.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

When I went to the beach/pool I always kept my engagement/wedding rings on.  In fact, I recently had to have them cut off and resized.  I never was afraid that they would come off unexpectedly!!

@kaydee50 I also had to get my wedding band cut off.  I was very thin when I got married and over the years had put on weight. 

Even after I lost the weight my fingers were still larger and impossible to get the band off.  I had it cut off three years ago at a jeweler.  He was funny and was making me laugh so hard getting the ring off.  I don't know why I waited so long!

Once it was off I had a dent in my finger where the ring was and it took probably a year or so for it to completely fade away.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

I forgot to mention a funny story.
 Maybe 25 years ago, Jill Bauer sold me an artisan from Bali SS sexy ankle bracelet.  I thought I was hot stuff wearing to the beach in Florida until the temperatures soared and it became hot as fire on my leg!  I couldn't get it off fast enough!😂😂😂

I still have it, it's gorgeous...but NEVER wear to the beach or when it's too hot lol.

@cheriere  I love that story and I bet you were hot stuff in that ankle bracelet on the beach- even if it almost branded your leg!! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

Maybe 25 years ago, Jill Bauer sold me an artisan from Bali SS sexy ankle bracelet.  I thought I was hot stuff wearing to the beach in Florida until the temperatures soared and it became hot as fire on my leg!  I couldn't get it off fast enough!😂😂😂

I still have it, it's gorgeous...but NEVER wear to the beach or when it's too hot lol.

@cheriere  I love that story and I bet you were hot stuff in that ankle bracelet on the beach- even if it almost branded your leg!! Smiley Very Happy

Lol, I sure thought I was strutting along that shoreline!  Branding is the perfect term too!😃

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

Lol, I sure thought I was strutting along that shoreline!  Branding is the perfect term too!😃

@cheriere  I bet you were strutting along that shoreline! It reminds me of when I wore a string bikini at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in high school- I felt like Bo Derek running on that beach! Smiley Very Happy  You make me want to get an ankle bracelet and do my Cheriere beach strut!