Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

[ Edited ]

Yes I do...wedding ring, cross necklace & stud earrings.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

[ Edited ]

No jewelry at the beach or at the pool. 

Spent most of my life in a pool plus a good part of it at the beaches in Fl & HI.

No beach around here. We do have lakes but I'm not swimming in them. We had an oval 16x32 pool for 26 yrs or so.

My dad was Air Force so the bases we lived on all had pools to swim in. That's where I was always at. 

When we moved here we lived off base since dad had retired. No pool at the house he built.

They were pool hopping here so I joined in. We all jumped in cars & went from one hotel to the next or any place that had a pool. We all jumped in until they told us we had to leave. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

always..I wear my white gold wedding band and engagement ring on left hand, a five stone white gold anniversary band on the right.

A white gold thick Byzantine necklace and white gold hoop earrings completes my look.

Sometimes I wear anklets too, but not always.

I wear my jewelry all of the time unless I have to remove it for surgery.

If I take it off, I'd probably lose it.  It's safer on my person.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

The sun catches it, but I've never understood why would anyone do that?  

@qualitygal 

I always wear my rings at the beach.....not my real or good ones....just some inexpensive Diamonique.

Not so I 'look' pretty....but because it would drive me nuts all day not to have them on since I wear them always.

I would keep thinking I lost them!  ha ha

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

No jewelry at the beach or at the pool. 

Spent most of my life in a pool plus a good part of it at the beaches in Fl & HI.

No beach around here. We do have lakes but I'm not swimming in them. We had an oval 16x32 pool for 26 yrs or so.

My dad was Air Force so the bases we lived on all had pools to swim in. That's where I was always at. 

When we moved here we lived off base since dad had retired. No pool at the house he built.

They were pool hopping here so I joined in. We all jumped in cars & went from one hotel to the next or any place that had a pool. We all jumped in until they told us we had to leave. LOL!!!

I LOVE ❤️ your pool hopping story!  It reminds me when I was young, one of my best friends worked at a hotel.  We'd stay at the hotel pool all season.  Those sure were fun days!

The crazy part is I had access to a pool, but it wasn't any fun like being there!  That and a gang of friends made all the difference.😃

I think after awhile they told her she was only allowed to bring three friends lol.

Honored Contributor

We go the beach every year. I only wear my plain gold wedding band. I don't go swimming in the water or pool, and it fits well, so there's no danger in it coming off. 

My sisters wear all kinds of jewelry to the beach. I've seen them wearing necklaces, earrings, bracelets, watches, and multiple rings to the beach. They're not swimming either.

Even though I'm just walking or sitting under an umbrella, I still don't want to mess with jewelry at the beach, especially during or after slathering on sunscreen. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere and @Nightowlz   A goup of 4 of us would do the same thing at a local hotel pool.  The manager knew us and turned a head.  We would order lunch from the pool and spend the afternoon there.  When any of us stayed long enough DHs would meet us for dinner at the hotel restaurant so at least we did spend money there when using their pool.  Those were fun days.

Saturday nights were prime rib night and DH and I and another couple ate there either most Saturday nights or Sunday buffet [ really good!

I never wear Jewelry at the beach or at the pool.

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@cheriere and @Nightowlz   A goup of 4 of us would do the same thing at a local hotel pool.  The manager knew us and turned a head.  We would order lunch from the pool and spend the afternoon there.  When any of us stayed long enough DHs would meet us for dinner at the hotel restaurant so at least we did spend money there when using their pool.  Those were fun days.

Saturday nights were prime rib night and DH and I and another couple ate there either most Saturday nights or Sunday buffet [ really good!

I never wear Jewelry at the beach or at the pool.

Kathy, you're my kind of gal!😃❤️

I'll bet those are great memories.  You and your friends sound like a lot of fun.  I'm glad they let you all swim there.  Like you said, you often ate dinners with your spouses too.  So, you were spending money there.  It never hurts a business to have pretty ladies out by the pool either!  That manager knew that too.

Im so glad you shared these memories with us.  Thank you.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

I always have my wedding ring on and small earrings but would not wear a necklace, bracelet etc as it was become super hot in the sun. Ouch!

Honored Contributor

I have always worn some jewelry in the ocean or pool or hot tub.  Not so much since I heard it attracts sharks. . .