Honored Contributor

Re: Do You have a Vision Board???

I haven't made one in a few years but I used to. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I have a "virtual" vision board -- in my imagination! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue

I think Adelina explained the vision board well, but just to be clear, a vision board has a specific purpose (it's much more than simply a collage) and that is to help someone FEEL the way they want to feel by collecting things on a board to aid in the visualization.

I think it is more powerful if you create one by hand instead of online.  I'm not saying online is useless or anything even close to that, just that if your purpose is to get you focused, working by hand works better.

It's kind of the same thing as helping you remember things by writing as opposed to typing.  There is something about the hand/heart connection that kicks in and helps.

Here is a nice article to help explain:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elizabeth-rider/the-scientific-reason-why_b_6392274.html

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Maybe, she means ouija board!

Honored Contributor

I don't have a vision board, but I think they can be helpful and even therapeutic for some. It doesn't surprise me that JC has one and I do remember her referencing it before. I think a young single mother like JC has a lot on her plate and I bet the vision board keeps her focused.