Respected Contributor

Do You have a Vision Board???

Did you hear the hosts story about the Diamonique bracelet being on her "vision board"?  Something about her presentations just turns me off.  They all have a story to sell.Woman Frustrated

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Re: Do You have a Vision Board???

No, I did not see that.  Is "vision board" the newest way of saying "wish list"?  

Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

No, I did not see that.  Is "vision board" the newest way of saying "wish list"?  

I'm guessing so.  If she envisions it, it will happen. 

Respected Contributor

Oh, OK then.  My vision board shows lotsa cash falling in my lap - right now.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Karnerblue.  I didn't see the show, but I wanted to say that I created many vision boards since I was 9.  It is not a new concept and is like the collages of old, which was often introduced in grade school. 

They can be any of a number of things - different uses for different people.  

Some call them dream/wish boards, others, inspiration boards, positive thinking boards and others, memory boards.

In my adult years, I have found them very helpful tools for my work as well.  Creating pictures and words for inspiration.

They are useful therapy tool as well.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I'm glad this was brought up.

I very much like Jennifer Coffey and think she's intelligent, pleasant, and has a calm professionalism mixed with a charming personality.

When she again spoke of her vision board (which she has done before), it inspired me to plan to make another one this weekend.  Or maybe I should say begin one, perhaps, since they can take a nice bit of time once you get started!

I never feel pressure from her.  She isn't a fast or loud talker, but clearly and carefully explains products, and intertwines her personal stories in ways that makes sense.  Yes, they all have to sell us product, but Jennifer does it in a way that, for me anyway, draws me in.

I'm sorry you didn't like this part of the show, @Karnerblue.

You deserve all sorts of good things while you and Buddy are hanging out together.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Ah Semantics, the arch enemy of any down to earth, pragmatic TV selling channel watcher!!!

I've been trying to do some long range decision making, and just as this conversation appeared, I've realized that what I have been creating in my mind is a VISION BOARD!!!

So now I'm doing it in a more tangible form. It will interface perfectly with the decision making process I'm taking on. 

So sorry if the idea offends.....,

Honored Contributor

like Pinterest

Respected Contributor

@Adelina, I never heard the term Vision Board used before.  Thanks for the information though.  I do remember collages from grade school, but I don't think of them as the same thing.  But like you said, different uses/different people. 

I'm just not fond of her, the host, at all.  So maybe I was being a little negative.  But I just had to chuckle at "the story I have to tell" as she put it.  It wasn't really much of a story.  The only reason I continued to watch her presentation was to hear it. 

I just love your avatar ... it's so relaxing to look at.  Almost mesmerizing.

Respected Contributor

I use Pinterest for my vision boards.  I never heard the term before but the concept is the same.  I think.  I have several Pinterest boards with things I want, things I want to do, wish list travel plans.  Way back when I was a young teenager (I'm 55) my friends and I had actual poster boards on the walls of our rooms.  Pictures that we clipped from magazines; prom gowns and wedding gowns that we hoped to wear some day.  Info from and about our dream colleges.  Hairstyles.  The things we dreamed about.