Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Purchase Something on Gem Day?

@Jersey Born   One of my favorite JAI pieces was the original gemstone center necklace that came in a variety of colors.  I find their gemstones to be  very saturated and I bet your new garnet ring will be a rich gorgeous shade.

I bought one thing -  the Robert Manse Byzantine Cross bracelet in the blue topaz version size small.  I absolutely love the mix of gold and silver designs and the cross looks so pretty.  It's J433822.

@Sammycat1   The rose flourite ring is one of the prettiest shades of pink I've seen in jewelry!  I hope you love it.

Super Contributor

A couple of months ago, I ordered the Affinity Diamond yellow and white diamond ring that Amy Stran wears.  I ended up returning it because the yellow stones were really pale and didn't look like they do on TV and the website.  I've been wanting a new ring, so yesterday I decided to order J409233, the Affinity Diamond round cut eternity ring since it was on sale.  Can't wait to see it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born   That's the fluorite ring. I don't even look good in yellow gold, but the whole presentation impressed me. @nova  I hope it's as beautiful as it looked!

Esteemed Contributor

@1tuffcookie 

That looked lovely! Please post a review when you receive it!

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much, @nova. I hope the garnets in my ring look like the ones aired.

Your Byzantine cross bracelet is going to be beautiful for sure.  I like that design, too. I hope it exceeds. all of your expectations.

Respected Contributor

@1tuffcookie - I hope the 2nd time is the charm for you and that you love your new diamond ring.

Respected Contributor

No purchases made here.

Trusted Contributor

Fluorite is a poor choice for jewelry especially a ring. For those of you who purchased the fluorite ring be advised that the stone is very brittle, chips and cracks easily and ranks low on the Moh's hardness scale (4).  Shame on QVC for not mentioning this during the presentation.  Enjoy your ring, but be careful with it since it does not hold up well.

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles - I have a blue fluorite ring in silver that still looks great. It has a lot of prongs around the stone, and that is probably why. I am sure that bezel-set fluorite stones are well protected all the way around the stone as well. As long as a person doesn't slam their hand against a wall, or do dishes wearing it, I think they will be okay.

(P.S. That is why I only purchase watches with sapphire crystals-- I once slammed a brand new Bulova watch without such a crystal against a cement column, just swinging my arms when walking during lunchtime many years ago. Boy did that crystal crack!)

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles - I will have to be super careful with my new phosphosiderite purchases, because I have just read that even a fingernail can scratch the stone as it is only 3.0-3.5 on the Mohs scale. I had no idea about that until I looked up the properties of that stone. 

I will have to steer clear of walls and columns wearing those items, and not wear them when it is too hot outside.