Super Contributor

Anyone have. Review declined st Evine?

Wow I just did. Their reason was did not meet their website guidelines. What are their guidelines anyway, does anyone know? It was for a colored yellow diamond band (yelliw) in which I stated diamonds looked sort of greenish and cloudy. I stated I was disappointed and not sure if I would keep it. I've seen other negative reviews sominjust don't get it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have. Review declined st Evine?

[ Edited ]

Could you have written something else that ran afoul of the guidelines?  I mean, besides the negative review itself.

Valued Contributor

It happened to me. It was regarding a piece from the same vendor who works FOR a larger vendor in NYC. Their quality has gone steadily down as proves go up. I wrote that the quality had declined since the mr.99 became a spokesperson and they refused my review. 

Pretty sad and desperate. I don't buy anything from Evine and not much from most other networks either!

Honored Contributor

I wrote one where I gave a rather strong opinion on the quality of a Chuck Clemency ring.  His stuff has always been hit or miss and the one I got was really bad.  Anyway they didn't publish it but I can't remember the reason.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have submitted less than glowing reviews and none of them were published.  They weren't damaging, just truthful. All items were jewelry.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wrote one where I gave a rather strong opinion on the quality of a Chuck Clemency ring.  His stuff has always been hit or miss and the one I got was really bad.  Anyway they didn't publish it but I can't remember the reason.

Years ago I purchased a pair of leverback rhodolite earrings in 14Kt.  When I recieved them, I louped them as I do with all gemstone jewelry I buy.  Saw a nick in the back of one.  Sent it back to him as personal jeweler and asked for a replacement.  Nope.  Sent me the same earrings back.

Was also disappointed in tanzanite earrings I bought around the same time.  They were deeper in color on tv but very washed out in person.  Didn't bother to send them back. I've never purchased another item of CC's since then.

I admit, I'm picky about gemstones...I want them to be scratch and ding free.  So I avoid his stuff.  It's not worth the hassle to have to return them.  It's easier to buy from a local jeweler/goldsmith where I can see the stone through a loupe before plunking down my hard-earned money.  JMHO

Valued Contributor

I had one declined once. I bought a pair of shoes that they had recommended to size down on so I did and they were too tight.  When I wrote the review I may still have been pretty mad and they declined it.  I re-worded it and it went through.

Trusted Contributor

I recently submitted an Evine review that was rejected because it "didn't meet the guidelines." I expressed my dissapointment with the item, but it was not a scathing review, by any means.  It makes me feel like they are manipulating the ratings on their products. It's the only time I've had a review denied. I've posted both positive and negative feedback at both HSN and QVC and never had a review denied. I am a little skeptical of Evine and their practices. Makes me appreciate the Q all the more. 

Honored Contributor

I've had reviews not published at Evine too and they were not necessarily negative and got no explanation. Evine's CS is very poor and their S&H is usually higher so you better be sure of what you are buying or it'll cost you. I collect Samuel B. cuff bracelets and thank goodness they are always top notch. I much prefer doing business with the Q, they are #1 for a reason.

Trusted Contributor

I've made alot of purchases and given alot of reviews, and I have to say not one of them has been turned down, and some of them have been negative.  I have to wonder on a Chuck Clemency piece, if, for instance, someone makes negative comments about Chuck as opposed to the piece of jewelry itself, maybe that's grounds for the review being declined(?)  Maybe it's simply the way a review is worded(?)  It's hard to tell when they won't tell you why your review was turned down, ya know?