Frequent Contributor

Attitude, thanks for the tip about Kringle Candles. I just ordered a few.

Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2014 ittyreen said:

Attitude, thanks for the tip about Kringle Candles. I just ordered a few.

I just ordered a couple for the first time too. I'm hoping that they are stronger than what Yankee is now. They haven't been delivered yet, but looking forward to trying them.

Honored Contributor

I don't usually buy Yankee candles, but I did buy one at Home Goods a few months ago, a three wick, and whenever it is lit, the scent is strong.

Super Contributor

I used to love Yankee candles but I too believe they are dirty burning candles. Earlier this year when I had pnuemonia I lit one candle and within 15 minutes I was coughing like crazy! I put the candle out thinking maybe the scent was too much, but a friend told me it was probably the soot!

Respected Contributor

I can't walk near Yankee Candles in the store or mall. I guess maybe it's the combination of scents, but they just smell BAAAAD to me, so I've never purchased or burned them. I'm really fussy about scents, including candles that I burn.

The best candles I've found are the Bath & Body Works three-wicks. They burn evenly, cleanly and the scent fills up my 1500 sq. ft. home. I don't like all of the scents, but they have some that I just love and since I discovered them I've been burning candles a LOT more frequently. They have lots of scents to choose from and rotate seasonal scents all the time. B&BW also has great sales on a regular basis.

Respected Contributor

I've given up on Yankee Candle for the very reasons OP stated. I now buy from Archipelago in the Havana scent which is a sensual tobacco/bergamot blend. Smells out of this world! Great on cold winter nights.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown