Honored Contributor

I would gladly trade laundry duties for having someone do other household chores, such as dusting, washing windows, cleaning the bathroom, etc.!!!!!  

Oh, 2 more things I hate about household work in general --- it takes forever and it doesn't last!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I like doing laundry because I like my machinery which I carefully picked out.  I have two washers, one Whirlpool and one Speed Queen, and one Whirlpool dryer.  I alternate using the washers and love each of them for different geeky reasons.  No outside line drying but I have a couple of inside lines in my basement that I sometimes hang large blankets on for drying.  Most of the time I use my dryer though and love my sheets fresh from the dryer.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I love doing laundry! I really like most all housework.

I find it very satisfying to clean, arrange and care for the things we work so hard to have. I feel a sense of duty to honor the things we have been blessed with ( a home, nice furnishings, a decent car etc.) by taking good care of them, and I enjoy the process of doing so.

When I go on a first date with someone, I always want to see their car.  It tells me a lot about them.  Not the year or the cost, but how they treat it, take care of it and if it's a trash heap.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

For years, I stuck with very blonde/light oak furniture so that it didn't show dust so I could get away without dusting for long periods of time.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ, I am with you sister! I love having clean laundry, but not cleaning it and not sorting socks!

I have a sock monster-many of us do...I have tried to get DH to use clips to keep them together-no dice.

I dream of having effective birth control for laundry!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35....I remember my mother ironing sheets.....In another time, (like when I was a kid)- when gentlemen always had a clean hankerchief (sic), I had a ball ironing Daddy's-alas, the sheet thing is not a tradition I kept up.

In my eyes, my mother was the original Martha Stewart.

The Vermont Country Store sells "crisp" sheets....I may yet order a set....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio, I share your sentiments...I love dusting-especially with a lemon oil.

I love vacuuming...and mopping....

I love playing with warm soapy water and washing dishes....

BUT

I hate doing laundry and I hate emptying the dishwasher....

Thanks to your encouragement, I'd rather be coloring and drawing!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@VaBelle35....I remember my mother ironing sheets.....In another time, (like when I was a kid)- when gentlemen always had a clean hankerchief (sic), I had a ball ironing Daddy's-alas, the sheet thing is not a tradition I kept up.

In my eyes, my mother was the original Martha Stewart.

The Vermont Country Store sells "crisp" sheets....I may yet order a set....

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

My mother had this sit down ironing type of machine in our kitchen.  I think my grandmother had one, too.

Iron.jpg

We ironed sheets for sure in my house growing up.  My mother also did all of my father's tuxedo shirts (with ruffles!) and pressed the ruffles by hand.  He was a musician so he wore tuxedo shirts to work.

Now my grandmother ironed underwear and bras, too.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

i was brought up with our clothes allways ironed and when i first lived on my own but now our iron will last a life time for how often i use it.

Honored Contributor

Ugh! I really hate the smell of bleach. I gag when I go into my laundry room after I've washed my whites in bleach. 

"Pure Michigan"