Respected Contributor

did 3 loads of laundry today. i love after a load of white clothes that i wash in hot water bleach and all when load is done basement has that fresh clean smell of bleach.

Respected Contributor

I live on a river here in Upstate New York .. yesterday we had a biting

cool wind off the river .. it was really blowing .. I hung my freshly

washed sheets out on the line in that wind ...when I got in those

sheets last night .... it was heaven ....

Esteemed Contributor

I do a lot of laundry. I get no pleasure out of it what so ever!! Lol!!  😂

Honored Contributor

I love to sleep on sheets that have bee line dried on a sunny day. It is one of life's simple pleasures.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

LMAO @NicksmomESQ

As a psychology student, I often wonder what forms our opinions about cleaning.

My mother and grandmother were of the tradition of keeping house, so it was something I was around from the very beginning and started helping as soon as I could stand on my own.

Not knowing anything different, it's just something that needs to be done.

I do get a sense of calm when my house is clean.  It's always neat and tidy, but I do enjoy a good deep cleaning once or twice a  year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Laundry is a necessary evil. Even though we don't live in an HOA we aren't allowed to have an outside line to dry clothes. City code.

Honored Contributor

Cleaning and keeping an immaculate house was a religion in our family. That being said,as I age I hate to clean, love to cook though and don't mind cleaning up after that, although my husband or son will usually do the dishes if I cook. My husband also does the laundry and does a much better job than I ever did.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I do get a sense of calm when my house is clean.  It's always neat and tidy, but I do enjoy a good deep cleaning once or twice a  year.

------------------

I could have written your words @VaBelle35 although my definition of neat might not be the same as yours. We only do dishes once a day so the kitchen isn't what it should be, but I believe in conserving water.  For laundry, three loads a week is it except when washing rugs and blankets on those two deep cleaning weekends.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1

Oh, Pooky, I agree!  I love doing a load of whites in bleach and soap and enjoying how clean and fresh it smells after.  

Honored Contributor

I never mind doing laundry, dusting is what I hate, sooo boring!!