Honored Contributor

kirklands-A Christmas Wonderland

Went to do an exchange and OMG I was in that store "browsing" 2 hours! The holiday decor in that store is wonderful - of course, haven't gotten my Fall things out - and I'm skipping it due to kitchen remodel and going right into holiday decorating the week of Thanksgiving (not normal for me)I think in my mind I must have spent $100s one thing is more beautiful than the next! Check out that store!
Super Contributor

Re: kirklands-A Christmas Wonderland

i was just saying that the other day!!! i was in the store last week and OMG - it is just filled with so many nice things for Christmas!!! i am going to go back and get some other Christmas items - they had a few new things. i was so happy to see they brought back the pre-lit gift boxes this year and i got some more. i got the chocolate/bronze last year and will used them again this year. my advice to anyone is to get them now because they do not last long at all the closer it gets to thanksgiving! they sold out so fast last year and there is a new color for this year.

Honored Contributor

We don't have a Kirkland's here, however, I just went to their site online and saw the Dicken's Carolers. We have ours with the red plaid clothes (I got last year) and the ones VPH offer are $49.99...Kirklands wants $79.99. The only difference is the clothes.

Just an observation Smile

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Susan Louise said:

We don't have a Kirkland's here, however, I just went to their site online and saw the Dicken's Carolers. We have ours with the red plaid clothes (I got last year) and the ones VPH offer are $49.99...Kirklands wants $79.99. The only difference is the clothes.

Just an observation Smile

you can find instances of things like that in alot of stores/items. it's always a good idea to shop around of course but for holiday items - at least for me - the convience of being able to see it in the store and take it home that day is worth paying a little more sometimes. i never buy any online because of the trouble/time it would take to send it back and then find something else if it is not what i expected.

Respected Contributor

I love Kirklands also. The quality is impeccable and they have the most beautiful items. I ordered the VPH single horse lamp for $20.47 from Kirklands, with free shipping to the store. It is the identical lamp as Valerie's.

They have wonderful sales so oftentimes, when I see something I want but is to pricey for me at the time, I only have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be on sale. They move their items quickly from season to season so sales are good and are often.

Online shopping is another great option. All I will say is that although I love to watch Valarie Parr Hill shows, and I get great ideas, I will order from Kirklands every time.

Honored Contributor

I was in there at the beginning of September and the Fall stuff was gorgeous too! I'll have to stop in and check out their Christmas things soon.

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Retired08 said:

I love Kirklands also. The quality is impeccable and they have the most beautiful items. I ordered the VPH single horse lamp for $20.47 from Kirklands, with free shipping to the store. It is the identical lamp as Valerie's.

They have wonderful sales so oftentimes, when I see something I want but is to pricey for me at the time, I only have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be on sale. They move their items quickly from season to season so sales are good and are often.

Online shopping is another great option. All I will say is that although I love to watch Valarie Parr Hill shows, and I get great ideas, I will order from Kirklands every time.

if you have a smartphone - download their app.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} you get to "spin the wheel" once a day to get a discount to use in the store but it is good only for that day. you may be able to get something you want without having to wait a couple of weeks! as you said - things move very quickly and you may not be so lucky to find it when you think you can afford it. Wink i always use my app before i go (once a week!) even when i get the emails with them with discounts. which is often!

Honored Contributor

I like to browse on my vacation days and I'm thinking Kirkland's should be my next stop. I went to TJ Maxx on my last vacation day, hoping to find Philosophy, but they only had one scent of 3-in-1 which didn't interest me.

Trusted Contributor

I just visited Kirkland's and purchased a beautiful snowflake lantern for $20. The place was still under Christmas construction, but they had beautiful, huge, Christmas tree cones that ranged from 20-36 inches and had lights inside. They had them in both champagne and copper. The prices were pretty reasonable. If you are a fan of the LR stuff, you should check out this store.