Respected Contributor

Re: Wow!!!! Today was my lucky day - Consignment/Estate sale!!!😊

@homedecor1

Great finds !!!!

Saw the glass flowers on the coffee table.  I had several and found the best use for them:  tucked them into different planters where their height didn't cause a problem.  Since the planters where in a bow window, the afternoon light made them shine !

Originally, I had them in a tall vase in the window.

image.jpg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I also had many of the long stemmed glass flowers. I used them laying down in a huge entertainment center we had. My son got the entertainment center when we moved and I gave him (his fiancee) the glass flowers too. They are pretty but didn't fit into my decor here at our cottage. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@homedecor1

Great finds !!!!

Saw the glass flowers on the coffee table.  I had several and found the best use for them:  tucked them into different planters where their height didn't cause a problem.  Since the planters where in a bow window, the afternoon light made them shine !

Originally, I had them in a tall vase in the window.

image.jpg

@jlkzLovely!

Esteemed Contributor

Better keep your door locked.  "Stealing" is not legal in Florida.  They'll be coming after you! 

These pieces are beautiful and yes, they do cost that much.  My daughter has them.  Can't wait for new pictures of your new room.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

lol!!! I am so "bummed" went back for coffee tables - gone!!! 

At least I came home energized - I donated my furniture to a "needy" family today - told them I hope they ❤ kitties because I know mine are going to "miss" their chairs (I vacumned them real well) and yes they have kitties.

I've lived with "used" stuff 5 years & decided to buy NEW

furniture vs. the set in consignment. (The furniture was included with my home purchase & was ok - was time to go - I think it was 10+ years old)

My reason was "no warranty" and being power motion sofas I was afraid if something happened down the line I'd be in the same situation having to pay big bucks for service. (I called my sales rep at the store he is a nice man he told me a reg service call $75 to come out & $200+ for motors).

I'm enjoying clearing out the room! No more knick knacks or silk flowers....it's looking good already -- by March I'll be done! 

(Just noticed Valerie Parr Hill has my good taste - her set drapes are the pattern of the panels I have for my DR slider doors😁)

Esteemed Contributor

I have looked several times at furniture in consignment stores from builder's model homes or that stagers  have used and my feeling from looking thoroughly at the pieces is that they are usually of mediocre to poor quality.  No one actually sits on the couches and chairs or needs to put clothing in dresser drawers and open and close those drawers day after day.  The case pieces usually have drawers made from inexpensive plywood laminate.  DRawer fronts are glued to the drawer box.  Upholstered pieces do not have good quality hand tied springs and the pieces are not blocked and doweled.  They look good but they simply will not stand up to regular family use.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

this is exactly why I decided NOT to get the leather set. I thought a occasional chair, end tables, accent pieces fine BUT this furniture would be in our main family room.

everyone gathers in that room & it's off my kitchen therefore even though no kids in house I'd rather buy quality good furniture. You're right looks great -- after more research I found out it's been in model home for 3 years (and wonder what little Florida bugs are living in it🤔) and it was a "little saggy in the seat area".

Thank you for bringing these things to my attention! 

Esteemed Contributor

I think you made the right decision.  I can see a accent piece or even furniture for a living room that is seldom or ever used or even a guest bedroom but furniture for a family room that is given heavy daily use or a master bedroom needs to be much higher quality then the stuff they use for show in a model or staged home.

Honored Contributor

I love stories with happy endings. Good job!!!