Esteemed Contributor

Imagine it with heads in front of it, folks sitting on the sofa.

It sits a little low, but then there's no room elsewhere, is there?

I'm certain this is what a client wanted, but some designs just shouldn't be bragged about.  The wealthy client wanted the caption.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

There's nothing about this room that I like.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness.

Claustrophobic feelings are beginning!

CloseTheThreadCloseTheThread!

JK...I’m sure someone out there thinks it’s beautiful.

It’s just not my style.    Colors are pretty, tho... 

Esteemed Contributor

This room is so over-decorated it is anxiety-creating.

I have posted before how much I love LARGE pieces of art. A piece this large, however, in this size room needs to be hung horizontally. Or if sized down somewhat, I would be ok with two pieces hung vertically (of course in a much "quieter" room.

@lolakimono some time ago you posted  a picture of a room with two very large pieces of art hung vertically. They were so tasteful and really spoke to me and now I wish I had bookmarked your post.

Honored Contributor

Without the huge art work and wall paper, it would work for me. I love chandeliers and the furniture is appealing.  

Honored Contributor

Re: (Way) Oversized Artwork

[ Edited ]

Oversized art can work well. This might even be an appealing piece. It's difficult to tell but based on what I can see, there's a little too much going on in this room. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I guess this is a good example of "Maximallism" decorating. 

Respected Contributor

Does anyone else think it looks crooked?  Unless its just my head

Respected Contributor

I find the whole room beyond horrendous.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   Some people like to play with all 152 colors in the Ultimate Crayola crayons box and those same people like all their toys out of the toy box at the same time.  

Of course, they have a great deal of help to keep it all dusted and tidy.

This style of this room for me is reminiscent of some Victorian mansions I have been in.  

It is missing the dark, elaborate woodwork and I don't think the ceiling would have the painted stripes. 

There was an era when overabundance of this sort was very much loved and sought after and proudly displayed.  It bespoke richness.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see layers of staggered easel framed photographs on side pieces in this room.  Wonder what kind of windows this room has and what kind of window treatments are used.

It also reminds me of the Victorian patchwork crazy quilts that had scraps of velvet, satins, prints, textures, zigzag gold braid, stitched together in a rainbow of colors and textures thrown against a patterned setee.  They were revived for a brief time in craft circles in the mid to late 1960s.