Honored Contributor

Re: WM BH&G..Holiday dinnerware

Yesterday while at my local WM I picked up a set of the salad/dessert plates with the horse drawn sleigh w/Christmas tree in it. Very pretty, I will mix them in with my other Christmas dishes. Also will use them with the platter filled with cookies for desserts/snacks. My store did not have a very big selection of these BH&G items.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I just unboxed my 2 sets of these dishes and they are delightful. I didn't need another set of dinnerware, but I may try to cycle out one of my other, older sets and use this for every day.

I also bought the platter,which is huge! You could easily place a very big turkey and more on this platter. It was only! $13.00.

It really is a pretty set of dishes for the holiday and winter.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE this BH&G dinnerware set! Over the past couple of weeks I have been getting the pieces I wanted on EBay since our local Wally World doesn't have all the pieces I wanted. I'm not crazy about having to pay so much more for a relatively inexpensive set, and I didn't want the 16 pc dinnerware set...just several sets of the salad plates. I don't know why ours doesn't stock all the pieces to the sets...ugh.

I got a set each of the 'joy', 'Mistletoe', 'deer w/cardinal, 'snow scene', 'owls' and bunny w/tree' salad plates. They will be so much fun to mix and match with plaid and other dinner plates. I wasn't able to find any of the Carson plaid dinner plates from Pottery Barn a few years ago, but I did get the plaid dinner plates of Target's 'classic collection' and the Williams-Sonoma.

I got a couple of different BH&G serving bowls, and the matching trees salt & pepper shakers too. I would have loved to have gotten the cookie jar, but in our tiny kitchen, there is no 'room at the inn for it' {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Love this look!

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 mallemo said:

Love this look!

OMG!!!! ITA Mallemo!!!

Honored Contributor

Our Walmart finally got the BHG Christmas stuff in, and very little. There was some of everything, I found them on the first day stocked, and there wasn't much of some things left already.

The larger dinner plates, a new pattern on them for this year, only had two left after I picked out six of them. They had platters, salad plates, large serving bowl, small bowl set, cookie jars, salt and peppers, pretty much the whole set. I was able to complete my set this year, which made me happy, as I dislike only having part of some set.

Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

For those who don't know what I am talking about....LOL here is a picture from Google Images of one of the plates they have offered the last couple of years. They are pretty cute and really inexpensive..The plaid beneath the plate is either a charger or another BH&G plate I've not seen...(I can go take a picture of the Owl plate if anyone is interested)...since we are all a little Owl Crazy...Ha!!

this is the one i saw - new for 2014 limited edition sticker was on them! i love these!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Love this look!

I noticed a lot of the Pottery Barn 'deer in snow' items available on Ebay

Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Susan Louise said:

Love this look!

Christmas-Tablescape-with-Carson-Plaid-Dinner-Plates-and-Deer-Salad-Plates

I noticed a lot of the Pottery Barn 'deer in snow' items available on Ebay Smile

I've got those plates! My son got them for me as a Christmas present two years ago, along with the platter and the matching pillow.

I know winter is here when I switch out the sunflower pillow cover for the Deer in the Snow.

This pattern was very popular. They sold out very quickly. I have 12 dessert plates, and a large oval platter I have on a plate stand in my kitchen.

Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 terrier3 said:
On 11/21/2014 Susan Louise said:

Love this look!

Christmas-Tablescape-with-Carson-Plaid-Dinner-Plates-and-Deer-Salad-Plates

I noticed a lot of the Pottery Barn 'deer in snow' items available on Ebay Smile

I've got those plates! My son got them for me as a Christmas present two years ago, along with the platter and the matching pillow.

I know winter is here when I switch out the sunflower pillow cover for the Deer in the Snow.

This pattern was very popular. They sold out very quickly. I have 12 dessert plates, and a large oval platter I have on a plate stand in my kitchen.

Hi terrier3, For you and others (who have pieces from this PB set) keep them safe. I don't know what the original prices were for the various pieces when they came out a couple of years ago, but the 2 platters currently on EBay are selling for nearly $85 and $115! Smile