Trusted Contributor

VPH 2 Glass birds, nest, glass eggs - anyone order?

Finally received today, & I am somewhat disappointed. I still have to buy 6 AAA batteries, but my first look at them, I am not very happy. I ordered the blue birds because they looked pale in the photos, but they are a very dark blue, & the nest is a very dark brown, with hardly any green moss & the eggs are a pale rose. I thought it would look good on my pastel pink & blue Easter table, but it just looks - funny. I am going to ask my local florist if I can have a couple fistfulls of moss for free, to cover up the dark brown. Believe it or not, I tried sprinkling the nest with flour, to see if it would make a lighter look, but it didn't even stick (so I shook it really well to be sure none remained to attract bugs or whatever). I may try arranging them on Easter grass, minus the nest & am praying the lights make a difference.

Did anyone else order them, & do you like them? The bluebirds sold out before air, so all they presented were the silver ones, & to me they looked TOO pale. Can't win.

Super Contributor

Re: VPH 2 Glass birds, nest, glass eggs - anyone order?

I got the bluebirds and sent them back. I don't like the little candle inside wish it was like the globes lighting! The bird are cute but I got them to be lighted. I did want them to put in the new cage of her's but the nest is too big and only one bird can fit so they flew back! Was glad they were batteries wish the other birds (candles) were the regular batteries and not the button type.

Trusted Contributor

I don't recall both birds being displayed in the nest, was the mother bird in the nest, the other beside the nest. It is too big though. I hate paying return postage, but I may return. I can use AAA batteries for other things, so waiting to see what they look like lit.

Super Contributor

I was just hoping both birds could fit in the cage and no only one. If they lighted up like the globes I would have kept them . We use alot of batteries here cause my Dad uses lighted mag lights 2 different sizes. Oh well .

Super Contributor

I got the bluebirds, but I really like mine. I don't care much for the nest or eggs but for now I'm displaying them all. I think after the Easter season, I'll put away the nest and eggs and just perch my birds in a bookcase. I like them because they are bright and they are great for a night light in the late evening.

Trusted Contributor

It is the nest I hate. I do like the idea of displaying the birds by themselves. My bookcases are full of books (surprise), but they would look nice in the bathroom (pastels). I just had my heart set on them as my Easter centerpiece is all.

Honored Contributor

Oh no, more mercury glass from Valerie. This is one of her stranger creations: a very realistic nest, rather realistic eggs, and shiny unrealistic birds. But I didn't order; they may look better in real life.

Super Contributor

I passed on these. Considered buying for a brief moment, but I have become a little more discriminating since space is an issue. Sigh . . .

Enjoy all who bought and love them!!

Super Contributor

Hopefully these will show up at the outlet soon. I thought I'd like them but maybe I'll change my mind when I see them in person.