Honored Contributor

Re: The TSV china - just beautiful

I agree that they're beautiful, I've admired this pattern for awhile.  I'd grab them up in a hot minute, if I could, but I don't have anywhere to store them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the set and love it. 

Yes, I understand it is "busy" but not everything has to be plain to look nice on a table.  Pieces can be set with solid dishes or coordinating colors.  It's a cheerful pattern that I never get tired of.

I use them, obviously, in spring and summer and enjoy the whimsical quality of the pattern. 

I've got the tablecloth too and it makes a lovely table with dishes and linens.

If it makes your heart happy, and it's in your budget, buy it!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't even hesitate to order this beautiful set if I didn't already have Lenox's Rustica collection.  The extra pieces that are available to go with the TSV are incredible! 

Honored Contributor

Follow up to my previous post .... Called my friend about the TSV. She loves them but didn't want to buy.  I didn't really watch the full presentation but she has and I've learned what a excellent value they are for this configuration.

After watching the demo....they are really beautiful. I love white dishes BUT these are "calling me" oh no!!!! Those who purchased them -- enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I wouldn't even hesitate to order this beautiful set if I didn't already have Lenox's Rustica collection.  The extra pieces that are available to go with the TSV are incredible! 

Oh wow, those are pretty too.  I'm such a sucker for dishes!

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I absolutely love them. However, I have more fine china than I should already - inherited from MIL , and my 2 and DH's one grandmother, and my Mom. However, if i could possibly make an excuse to convince myself I have a valid reason to buy new dishes , these would be the ones. To those who are getting them - i am jealous. I hope you love them forever.

Butterfly Meadow is NOT fine china. It's Lenox everyday dinnerware. For $170 bucks you're not going to get china.

$600 bucks isn't bad for Lenox everyday complete service.

I spent twice that on a complete service for 12 in a Lenox pattern 20 years ago.

Valued Contributor

They aren't authentically hand painted either, they said as much during one of the presentations if you listened closely.  They said the pattern starts with a hand painting but never went as far as saying they are hand painted individually.  They did say they weren't decals though.   I imagine they are treascribed onto the plates mechanically, or by computer perhaps but not really hand painted each.  That's my take on it.  If I am wrong please respond.   They look nice, but I have some lenox canisters with the butterflies and some parts of them look faint with no real pop of colors.

Respected Contributor

These are my everyday dishes. Even my DH loves them. I love the new lavender but did not decide to get them also until they sold out. Got on waitlist for two sets.

They really are nice and tough enough for everyday wear and tear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I absolutely love them. However, I have more fine china than I should already - inherited from MIL , and my 2 and DH's one grandmother, and my Mom. However, if i could possibly make an excuse to convince myself I have a valid reason to buy new dishes , these would be the ones. To those who are getting them - i am jealous. I hope you love them forever.

Butterfly Meadow is NOT fine china. It's Lenox everyday dinnerware. For $170 bucks you're not going to get china.

$600 bucks isn't bad for Lenox everyday complete service.

I spent twice that on a complete service for 12 in a Lenox pattern 20 years ago.

For that price- at my house - it would be the fine china. if that is what you pay for everyday china at your house , more power to ya.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Service for 8 plus all the completer pieces I would want - platter, 2serving  bowls, cream & sugar and teapot would be $605. 

LOL, I'm slowly adding to my set.   I've gotten a lot of pieces off of Amazon as well.   I put them in my wish list and check prices daily.   It does add up.    I'd love the blue and lavender pasta bowl set.   Too bad I bought so many of the regular set.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*