Honored Contributor

Copy-of-MJD-21-1.jpg

Nothing like vintage architectural features to turn a small corner into a character-filled study!   

In light of my recent post on milk glass, I like how Chicago designer Meghan Jay added a softening, delicate whimsy with the snowy collection of hobnail milk glass atop that fab secretary... 

Respected Contributor

Re: THE BEAUTY OF A BUILT-IN

@Oznell 

I love built in architecture too!  A good friend of mine was responsible for restoring our county courthouse with beautiful bookcases and elaborate woodwork.  He's second to none in lovely detail work.❤️

Honored Contributor

I really like that, especially the leaded window.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

That is a lovely, functional piece. Things like that are one more reason to love an older home rather than the cookie cutter McMansions today's builders put out there. Even when they're custom, few new homes today feature this kind of workmanship.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Wow @Oznell that is a fabulous way to design a built in.  I love it and so nice to see the collection of hobnail milk glass.

Trusted Contributor

The very first house that DH and  I bought  was an older home and it had a beautiful built in corner cabinet.  It was not as ornate as the one in your lovely post, but beautiful nonetheless.  I have not thought of that house in ages, so thanks for my trip down memory lane.

Regular Contributor

I love built-ins and that one is gorgeous.  Old homes with artisan millwork are just so appealing to me.  Thank you for posting.

Honored Contributor

That's beautiful. I would love to have one of those.

If I lived in SC I could get my cousins to build it. They do really good work. His 2 brothers also work with him. They build kitchen cabinets or anything out of wood you want. They built my dads house. 

Esteemed Contributor

Even though this isn't my personal style, that built-in with the window is absolutely beautiful!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

This is beautiful! One of the nicer built-ins I have seen.  It has a lot of personality and blends in so well with the windows above 

it.