Honored Contributor

Re: Strange laundry experience

@Pooky1 wrote:

sometimes i get oil stains from cooking on shirts and is hard to get out. i never used that borex20mule you mentioned but i have seen it in the market. what kind of stains do you use it for?

I always have oil stains on my shirts from cooking.  I check each shirt before I put them into the washer and spray the spots with Citrol.  100% of the stain comes out, each and every time.  I never use anything else because Citrol works,

my husband changed the oil in his vehicle and got some of that black smudgy greasy on his shoes.  He then stood on a step stool and got that dirty. 

I had no idea the oil was on the step stool and I carried it to our bedroom to hang curtains.  I was up and down a few times and spread that black gloppy studge all over my off white carpet.  Citrol removed it 100%.  That stuff is amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

sometimes i get oil stains from cooking on shirts and is hard to get out. i never used that borex20mule you mentioned but i have seen it in the market. what kind of stains do you use it for?

Sometimes I add the Borax to the wash when I have some makeup or oily stains. Seems to help. But when I have a really bad stain, like car grease or tar, SpraynWash works the best, however I don't like using chemicals and it's hardly ever used. @Pooky1

Respected Contributor

carmie where do you buy citrol? i never hurd of it.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1  My husband buys it by the case because he works on restoring cars as a hobby.

This stuff really works.  It removes tree sap and candle wax too.  I used to remove permanent marker from my end table when my grandson scribbled all over it with no damage,

you can buy it from the Citrol website or Amazon.  A can is about $12 and lasts me a whole year or so.

They even sell a lower VOC version if you are interested.

IMG_0247.JPG

Respected Contributor

carmie thank you so much.