Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange laundry experience

@151949 I have used the Tide pods with warm & cold water and have never had that happen?

Honored Contributor

I think I may be the only person in the world not impressed with Oxi-clean!

Honored Contributor

A "bleach virgin"...LOL!Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

celticcrafter im with you. i have used it and i dont think it helps getting anything clean.i allways wonder how its been on the market so long.i used to work in food service that gets messy and tried it and it didnt get any stains. shout out a soak in the sink and then in washer to get tomato sauce out.

Respected Contributor

do you have an he top loader with no agitator. i had one and a small load with a pod was to much detergent would make clothes come out with all white on them so i would have liquid detergent on hand to use with small loads. if you have an agitator washer that uses alot of water then i cant imagin what caused it. thats my thought and good luck.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried that All oxy as of yet. I have many boxes in the shed of my oxyclean. I buy it by the pallet LOL. I swear by that stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

celticcrafter im with you. i have used it and i dont think it helps getting anything clean.i allways wonder how its been on the market so long.i used to work in food service that gets messy and tried it and it didnt get any stains. shout out a soak in the sink and then in washer to get tomato sauce out.

@Pooky1 My daughter is in Restaurant Management and every so often, when they are in the weeds, she will help out on the line.  Her jacket sleeves get marked from the stainless steel counter on the expo line - it did nothing to get those out or any other type of mess.

Honored Contributor

I don't know, but maybe the white spots were salts from your body sweat.  That would make sense from where they were located.

You sure mix a whole lot of laundry products together. I just use Tide and spray Citrol degreaser on grease spots.  

Shout and those Oxi cleaners never seem to work well for me, but I never used them in combination.

Honored Contributor

I use Nellie's and sometimes add Borax 20 Mule when I've got stubborn stuff to remove.

Respected Contributor

sometimes i get oil stains from cooking on shirts and is hard to get out. i never used that borex20mule you mentioned but i have seen it in the market. what kind of stains do you use it for?