Valued Contributor

I've got one of those ivory canvas and plastic in-the-closet shoe storage organizers similar to H282508, but even with wiping it out periodically, I can't keep it clean. I am thinking of trashing it and just getting a metal rack. However, when I look for a new one, the majority of shoe storage is cloth, and I'd end up with the same problem. I live in snowy, wet, sloppy, sandy Cape Cod, so it's hard to keep the soles of my shoes completely clean.

Which type do you prefer, cloth or metal? If you use the cloth, how do you keep it clean? Also, I live in a small apartment and I want to free up my tiny closet space, so I'm thinking of something one-the-door or on-the-floor of the closet. I never have more than 10 pairs of shoes at one time. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

What about something like this? You could always cut plastic shelf liner to size if you're worried about drips.

Valued Contributor

lolakimono: That looks cool, but I don't think it would work for me. The footprint is way too large for my tiny apartment.

Honored Contributor
Shoe storage is my biggest storage problem. I wish someone would come up with a really innovative solution. The things available don't accommodate enough shoes. That cabinet would take up a lot of floor space but looks like it would only hold about 15 pairs. I need to store about 50 pairs!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I bought bed skirt shoe organizers for the girls when they were in college and they worked really well. I see the ones on Amazon are getting mixed reviews, so perhaps the quality isn't as good as it used to be. However, you wouldn't be out much money if you wanted to try one or if you found it at a local store, you could return it if it was defective.

Honored Contributor
Thanks Marsha! I'd never heard of this product. I'm going to try one; just ordered from Amazon.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think Joanna in Overboard has the best shoe rackSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor
On 1/26/2014 kachina624 said: Thanks Marsha! I'd never heard of this product. I'm going to try one; just ordered from Amazon.

I hope it works out for you and that the negative reviewers are wrong.