Valued Contributor

Re: SHARK LIFT-AWAY TSV Coming up....

HOn 2/12/2015 Katmary said:

How does it do on pet hair? My vac seems to leave the lighter cat hair behind, which is what I'm trying to pick up! I was diagnosed with asthma and after doing a lot of research, Shark seems to be getting better reviews than Dyson, which is what's usually recommended.

Have a Shark pet vac and love it. Two cats, one long haired and the Shark picks up everything.

My cleaning lady loves my Shark. She had used a Dyson and said this is every bit as good and much, much cheaper.

Respected Contributor

I am in the market for a new vacuum. I have an old Eureka but it is heavy and doesn't have great suction. I've been interested n a Shark for quite a well and after reading these posts I am going to purchase one today. I'm torn between the TSV and the Rotator rofessiona Lift Away (V32915, $229.96, free sh/h & 6 easy pays). Any suggestions? TIA

Contributor

I have a Shark Rotatorl pro and I love it. It really picks up better than any vac I've owned...but it is top heavy and tips easily when using the wand. In looking at the pics of the TSV, it appears the dirt tank is significantly smaller on the TSV than on mine which could be a real annoyance. Regardless of which model you choose, you will love a Shark.

Super Contributor

On 2/14/2015 DJs mom said:

I am in the market for a new vacuum. I have an old Eureka but it is heavy and doesn't have great suction. I've been interested n a Shark for quite a well and after reading these posts I am going to purchase one today. I'm torn between the TSV and the Rotator rofessiona Lift Away (V32915, $229.96, free sh/h & 6 easy pays). Any suggestions? TIA

If I were you I would go to BB&B and spend $60 more and get the POWERED lift away model. It is simply fabulous and the most suction I ever encountered.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for your advice on how it does with cat hair! In general, I've been thinking of it as it looks like a good choice at getting as much as possible up to help with my asthma. Pinky, thank you for your comment regarding asthma too, a good vacuum can make a huge difference from what I've been reading. I was going to first get a HEPA air cleaner, but the vacuum seems to be the best thing to get first. I can't get this today, but if those of you interested in this may want to go to Amazon and check out reviews, one person breaks down different price costs at different stores. I think due to the shipping and handling, this likely ties with BB&B if you have a coupon. The one thing to check out though is if it has the tools you want with the vacuum. It's rated very well there.

Super Contributor

On 2/14/2015 Katmary said:

Thank you all for your advice on how it does with cat hair! In general, I've been thinking of it as it looks like a good choice at getting as much as possible up to help with my asthma. Pinky, thank you for your comment regarding asthma too, a good vacuum can make a huge difference from what I've been reading. I was going to first get a HEPA air cleaner, but the vacuum seems to be the best thing to get first. I can't get this today, but if those of you interested in this may want to go to Amazon and check out reviews, one person breaks down different price costs at different stores. I think due to the shipping and handling, this likely ties with BB&B if you have a coupon. The one thing to check out though is if it has the tools you want with the vacuum. It's rated very well there.

Also remember the return policy at BB&B (eliminates need for extended warranty). The POWERED lift away at BB&B comes with an amazing array of tools including also a powered pet tool.

Super Contributor

I would love to have a shark but am so confused by all the models. Thank you Pinky for letting me know about the noise level. I am in my 60's so the light weight part sounds good. I have tile floors, carpeted stairs and my second floor is carpet. I don't want to spend more than I need or get something "more" than I need. I haven't seen any reviews on this. Any opinions would be so helpful.