Valued Contributor

Poll: Set of 3 Illuminated Frosted Finials by Valerie H207249

Can you weigh in with your opinion on these finials? Would you use them year around in various colors, or just during the holiday season? My champagne ones are still out, because I love them. To me, finials sort of remind me of winter holiday.

Wish I could post a photo, to make it easy on everyone. I tried, but gave up. It used to be so easy on the old forum format.

Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: Set of 3 Illuminated Frosted Finials by Valerie H207249

I have the champagne, and so does my mom. She left hers out all year, and I didn't think they looked at all 'Christmasy'. 

She decorates with a lot of dark cherry Queen Anne style wood, with the graceful curved legs and feet, and these just look victorianish like they fit right in all year.

I had mine out for awhile this summer, and thought they were fine too. 

Especially the champagne ones, or white, should be able to be used anytime of year. 

Honored Contributor

@rosehill,  Hi Rose, I think the champagne would be fine for anytime of the year.  The white, to me, seem more winter with the frosty look so I may leave those out until spring when I start decorating for then.  Of course there are no rules, just opinions.  I'm so glad that you are pleased  with the finials, looks like we all love them.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how they can look if I left them out year round.  They are currently packed away for holiday time.

Finials and Root Candles

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LIL EARL, Yours look very nice displayed that way, and not holiday-ish at all.

@rosehill, For the purpose of the poll, I will tell you that I did pack mine away after a week of looking at them.  I only have the champagne.  They were just too much bling for my particular home for year-round.  I don't have much in the way of shiny metallics or other bright things, so they stood out a little too much.  I'm glad you like them.  They are unique, that's for sure. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of you! Littlearl- your display with the champagne finials is stunning. Lucy, Shopr & MIO, thank you! I appreciate all of your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@littlearl wrote:

This is how they can look if I left them out year round.  They are currently packed away for holiday time.

Finials and Root Candles

@LIL EARL

These look so lovely with your brass. Baldwin?

I'm glad to see others who still love classic brass candlesticks. From what one sees on the decor shows on HGTV and such, brass is out. But in my opinion, there is always a place for the classic and elegant style of brass.

I have quite a few pieces of Baldwin (another American company and product now gone) and rotate them around the house in different displays. It is amazing how inexpensive they can be found on Ebay these days. 

My husband goes to estate auctions and buys junk metal to resell (it's a big thing in the Midwest, buy up scrap and junk at estate and farm auctions and turn a profit by selling it to scrap yards). Today he said something about having some brass candlesticks. I asked 'Are they Baldwin'? (and they never are). He brought them to me, and sure enough, they were. And in perfect condition. I've learned to check his haul, as I caught him scrapping really high dollar cookware, antique tins, and more!! I now pull that stuff out and either clean it up and use it, or sell it on Ebay, or give it to my Amish neighbors. Gotta watch that guy!

Love it! They are in the hutch with the rest of my collection.