Honored Contributor

In the following posts I will post some pictures of the great deals I got this past weekend at P. Graham Dunn's big Customer Appreciation Sale.

Located in Dalton Ohio, we've been very close to there but never stopped before, and luckily happened upon their biggest sale of the year. 

They make (here in Ohio) those signs that are so popular right now with the inspirational words on them.

I've wanted to redo my upstairs hallway with them, but they can be expensive to buy many. I hit their outlet warehouse, and got half off of already marked down 'seconds'. 

It was amazing the amount of merchandise, and we didn't get there till the second day of the sale. I can't imagine how much there was the day before. 

Large crowd, people buying cartloads of signs, and a really fun time we had!

The pictures that follow are of my hallway, a work in progress, and too narrow to get really good pictures, but wanted to share at least the concept of what I'm doing.

We recently painted the hall, and I am currently using the nails just where they are, until I settle on a final gallery/layout, so some things aren't spaced or hanging at the height they will when I put the finishing touches on things.

It will take me a few minutes to post photos from my phone.

Honored Contributor

20170729_201222.jpg

Honored Contributor

20170729_201209.jpg

Honored Contributor

20170802_184847.jpg

Honored Contributor

20170802_184902.jpg 

Honored Contributor

20170729_201146.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: P. Graham Dunn's sale!

[ Edited ]

We have a really ugly old wood burning stove in the family room , that I'd like to replace with a nice pretty new one, but we rarely use it (power outages in the winter only), so I do my best to 'hide' it with quilt rack and some decor on top! So excuse the old ugly wood burner!20170802_185638.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Back in early December, practically every news agency reported on a study that came out about these inspirational quotes and the people who are most likely to be receptive to them.

Respected Contributor

This was interesting because my family and I were there at Christmastime.  I am originally from Canton and we went to visit the day after Christmas and on our way home stopped at Dunn's.  They had all kind of signs and we loved it.  We bought a few.  I had never heard of this place but my daughter had, so we stopped in.  We live in Cincinnati now.  Thanks for the pictures.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Back in early December, practically every news agency reported on a study that came out about these inspirational quotes and the people who are most likely to be receptive to them.

Well, my personal experience there that day, trumps any 'news agency report', and I met so many fun, lovely and kind people. 

It was a bit of a party atmosphere, beautiful campus with pond and trees, gorgeous show rooms,lots of young people hired for the day to help load cars, serve food (free picnic foods) and provide service. 

Customers having fun interacting with each other and helping each other look for certain phrases or sizes of art. Met and exchanged long conversations with people from many different states. 

Really don't suppose that would make the news though, how great those folks that create these and those that 'are receptive to them' really are.

And for those that like this kind of thing, I noticed that these are made in Ohio (the factory is huge, I couldn't believe how big it was, even thought they weren't working that day), but there are some similar made in Lancaster PA as well (different company). 

I was so glad to support American workers as well as get the great deals.