Valued Contributor

Opinions please about the Miele S7210 Twist vacuum

If any of you out there own this vacuum, I would love to hear what you think of it. We're so tired of the vacuums we purchase only lasting a short time before needing to have them repaired. Tired of getting poorly made things from China, we tried two American brands: Riccar and Oreck. The Riccar doesn't want to pick up very good any more (not that it ever did though), and the little handheld Oreck is a pain in the you know what to use. I believe Miele is made in Germany and is top rated by Consumer Reports, so think we would like to try it.

A few things in particular I'd like to know from you owners are whether you think this model is heavy and how the tools attach. Every vacuum we've had (except for really old, better made ones from years ago) fails to keep tools attached. They all use suction as the means to stay on, but as soon as you start using them, they come apart. Extremely aggravating! Years ago tools had a button on them that fit into a hole on the wand. They couldn't come apart until you released the button. How much we miss that!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on Miele. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions please about the Miele S7210 Twist vacuum

I would love to know too! We have a Miele canister for about a year now and LOVE it. We bought it for the same reasons you mention too. We also love having local sales and repair centers for that brand! It is well made and works just great! Hope someone can give you some details about that model because it looks like it would be a great thing to have.

Esteemed Contributor

I own the brand, not the particular model. I love my Miele. (canister). I bought it because we have a local vacuum store (mom and pop operation). Any problem or question they are ready to answer. Something that important to me I figure paying a bit more pays off down the road with care, kindness and attention.

Super Contributor

On 1/14/2014 bonnielu said:

I own the brand, not the particular model. I love my Miele. (canister). I bought it because we have a local vacuum store (mom and pop operation). Any problem or question they are ready to answer. Something that important to me I figure paying a bit more pays off down the road with care, kindness and attention.

W|I have the Miele canister also, bought at our vacuum store. I take it in once a year for a tune up and absolutely love it. With 3 Shetland sheepdogs I need a vacuum that lasts. I agree I rather pay more upfront then have to keep replacing every few years.

Super Contributor

On 1/14/2014 bonnielu said:

W|I have the Miele canister also, bought at our vacuum store. I take it in once a year for a tune up and absolutely love it. With 3 Shetland sheepdogs I need a vacuum that lasts. I agree I rather pay more upfront then have to keep replacing every few years.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for replying everyone. Glad to hear you all love your canister models. Does anyone out there, though, own the Twist model, or if not that particular one, one of Miele's other uprights? Would really like to know how the tools attach to the wand, and whether they will stay attached when using. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the upright and terrific , but so heavy. I should have gotten the canister and may decide it in. Very expensive.

New Contributor

I have owned a canister for about 8 years - terrific machine. I have only needed to replace the hose and have a repair to the power head once.

This is huge. My husband does the vacuuming and had killed an average vacuum per year prior. He is very strong and not careful. He has snapped off handles, burnt out a lot of motors. He can't kill this machine. (this is the same husband who snaps off refrigerator shelves insisting they can hold more than designed. but that is another story)

Regular Contributor

According to Amazon, this vacuum only weighs about 2 pounds lighter than my Dyson Animal 28 and my vacuum is heavier than h*ll. Even my 6'3" 200 pound husband thinks so. (It's a good vacuum--but heavy!)

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the additional positive reviews of Miele vacuums, but I would really appreciate knowing about how the tools attach to the wand, and whether or not they stay attached when using. Anyone? Thanks.