Frequent Contributor

I ask myself 2 questions, do I really need these and secondly how well will these be painted? Of course I answer no to the first question and to the second one I say probably not. Will it be a item that I returned. I am so on the fence about this as the quality lately has left allot to be desired. The BIG question is, should I take a chance on quality again?

Honored Contributor
On 11/4/2014 littlearl said:

I ask myself 2 questions, do I really need these and secondly how well will these be painted? Of course I answer no to the first question and to the second one I say probably not. Will it be a item that I returned. I am so on the fence about this as the quality lately has left allot to be desired. The BIG question is, should I take a chance on quality again?

Hi littlearl, it's like you are reading my mind. Smile I'm just loving the cream/gold color and they are a nice size. They look good in the pic, but so did some other items and then when they came it was a different picture. I have sent back more in the past few months than ever before. I hope that I can pass on these. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have been checking for these everyday, at least 5 times a day, and go figure, I step out for awhile, and here they come! Thanks for posting. I have ordered.

Like littlearl and lucymo have said, I'm sure I don't need these, but I have purchased a number of things to build a vignette with these, so I'm going to chance them and hope they look good when they get here, and hope they arrive intact. I won't hesitate to send them back if they are sloppy or cheap looking. I got the ivory ones, as I think they are so elegant looking. They have the look of Lenox, even though I know they aren't.

Honored Contributor
On 11/4/2014 mominohio said:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have been checking for these everyday, at least 5 times a day, and go figure, I step out for awhile, and here they come! Thanks for posting. I have ordered.

Like littlearl and lucymo have said, I'm sure I don't need these, but I have purchased a number of things to build a vignette with these, so I'm going to chance them and hope they look good when they get here, and hope they arrive intact. I won't hesitate to send them back if they are sloppy or cheap looking. I got the ivory ones, as I think they are so elegant looking. They have the look of Lenox, even though I know they aren't.

I hope they are beautifully done. Like you, mominohio, I love the Lennox pieces in the cream/gold and these would work with those. I have a few small pieces and some look-a-like reindeer, so I haven't ruled out ordering the Nutcrackers. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Frequent Contributor

Shop HQ has some outstanding looking nutcrackers......don't know if they have your style.....but, they are very pretty.

Valued Contributor

Moninohio~ the cream nutcrackers are lovely. Can you please share what you plan for your vignette? I am still thinking about these. They are very unique. Thank you!

Super Contributor

Yep, caved and ordered them in the gold already. I've been keeping my eye out for these because I just love the look of them. I might be putting them in the master bedroom to give a little Christmas oomph to that part of the house.

Honored Contributor
On 11/4/2014 rosehill said:

Moninohio~ the cream nutcrackers are lovely. Can you please share what you plan for your vignette? I am still thinking about these. They are very unique. Thank you!

Hi rosehill!

I have purchased quite a few things this year, as my taste in holiday decor is changing. I am going for a more elegant and neutral look, much like what Lisa Robertson's shows are doing, just much less.

What started the whole thing was H203314 set of 3 illuminated finials by Valerie in champagne. They barely made it to air before they were sold out, and they are acrylic, which sounds cheap, but they are the most elegant pieces and so very beautiful. After those, I just kept building with the following;

H203677 Lit Mercury Glass Pinecones (got the little trees too)

H201109 Glittered Vintage Deer in pewter

H203873 Lit Spun Trees in champagne

then the gold set of mercury glass finials.

I have found quite a few beautiful balls and ornaments to scatter, along with some picks and other things at both Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree.

I can't wait to "play" and try different things. Some snow or that spun stuff maybe as a base, some brown MG pinecone ornaments etc. as filler. If I can get my kid to help me post pics, I will after it is all set up.

Honored Contributor

Those are lovely, and it's good to see Nutcrackers without their gaping pie holes open.... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I am trying to figure if the gold on these is more of a bronze gold than a pure gold. It looks a little deeper color than pure gold. Anybody?