Valued Contributor

Need help with opening battery compartment

[ Edited ]

I have 3 sets of the Candle Impressions Hanging Metal Mini candles bought back in 2022. They are no longer offered on here. Each candle takes a coin battery. Fortunately they are all still working. However, once the batteries die, I don't know how I can get the battery compartment open to change them. They should open by simply inserting a coin into the slot and turning the cover in the direction of the arrow. Try as I might, though, I can't budge any of them. They simply will not turn. Just wondering if there's something else I'm supposed to do that I'm not aware of. And, in case you're wondering, there isn't any screw there that should be loosened first. It looks like all that needs to be done is to turn the cover, except that it's impossible to do so. Any suggestions, please? Thanks.

candle.PNG

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with opening battery compartment

Google the item and the problem. See if there is a video. If not get in touch with the company.

Contributor

I don't have the item you show but I have many of Valerie's birds that have that kind of battery.  The only thing I ever found that opens these is a butter knife from my every day silver.  It must be the exact right width.  Hope it works for you I know how frustrating some of these things are.  Good luck

Judie

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper 

Found this pdf online about a different Candle Impressions. Hopefully this will work. I couldn't find anything on the item number shown on your pic. 

BATTERY INSTALLATION

1. To open battery compartment, turn the candle upside down, push clip inward and pull up.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper.  If you still need help, take one of them to an Ace or True Value Hardware.  Tell them you want to buy a battery but can't get the compartment open.  They are so good about helping.   Watch like a hawk so you can do the rest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Try pressing down with the coin, then turn.  You probably need to compress a spring that is under the cover.

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. Really appreciate your help.

Tried calling the parent company for suggestions, but they no longer have anything to do with Candle Impressions.  Ended up following a suggestion made by my friend--to try a quarter. I had tried, unsuccessfully, to use a penny and a dime to turn the door, but not a quarter because I thought it would be too big. Turns out the quarter was the solution!