Contributor

Re: Need Gift Ideas for Ladies at Church........................

On 10/8/2014 Hoovermom said:

What about putting small sample size beauty items (Bath and Body Works lip balm, hand lotion, loofah) into a holiday bag, tie a ribbon around it and there you have it?

Yes B & B Works has great offers on things like tubes of hand lotion and hand sanitizer. I got both at a shower,and enjoyed having them in my purse at the ready.

Super Contributor

Like the pretty duck tape idea........Also buy a $1 coffee cup at the dollar store and fill it with candy or nuts wrapped in festive paper............or at the next meeting arrange to bring several pastry trays and favored coffees and tell everyone that it is your treat for them...........at the office we have one man who every year in November makes several batches of chili and cornbread as a treat for the office staff.......we all look forward to Chad ' s chili lunch.........
Trusted Contributor

I was just in my supermarket yesterday and bought something called a turtle Apple. It's an apple dipped in caramel, then chocolate with crushed peanuts all around. The were 99 cents each. They also came in a 3 pack for $2.99. I bought them last year for stocking stuffers and everyone loved them. I don't know where you live but I bought mine in Stop 'n Shop in NJ. Also how about a nice scarf that you may find at target or Walmart since you want to keep the price down. If you have a Deals or Big Lot store near you, go there I'm sure you'll find something. Good luck.
Not applicable

When it comes to gifting, Indian Gift Guru is the very first name which comes to mind. This online web portal enables you to send lovely Christmas gifts from the luxuries of your home.

indiangiftguru.com/83/category/Christmas/

Super Contributor

I like the hand cream idea and the fact that ladies always seem to keep it in church is the best idea so far.

Maybe order one that gives the ladies a chance to swap out to get their fav ? Put a note in as to personalize and where they can buy in the future.

BAG AND BOW SET TO GO--Lol

Trusted Contributor

A lot of great ideas here. I love the small boxes of chocolates, jams/jellies and fancy memo pads (nice ones at Home Goods, TJMaxx for about $2.99or $3.99). Did see something shown this a.m. on the morning show. Item V31815...HALO set of 5 LED printed flashlights with gift boxes. They offer different sets, and reduced shipping and handling. $14.76 with S&H of $3.11. They are cute and useful.

Honored Contributor

The LED flashlights being aired now and that others posted here before me are perfect - 5 for $14.96 with reduced shipping of $3.11. I don't care that so many mock all the flashlights, they are excellent gifts as everyone at some time or another needs one and if you don't have one in your purse or car you probably will wish you had!

Regular Contributor

Good morning everyone. WOW! There are some GREAT ideas here. I want to Thank each one that took the time to help me out. I am going to take these and I know I will come up with something that will work for my budget.

And I would like to answer your reply Tinkrb144. Yes, I feel I know these ladies very well. We are a close knit group of ladies. We have a ladies meeting every month and we have prayer partners and I could go on and on. My family has been at this Church for 20 years and we are just a close knit group. So, yes, I am going to put something together for them to show my Love and Appreciation. We try to help each other along the way throughout the year, but, during this Special time of year, I just want to do a little something extra. Our head Deacon, (which is just like a Dad to my husband and myself), has always said, "Give people flowers while they can still enjoy them". And, that is what I try to do. I wish a "Special Blessing" to each of you!

I hope you all have a very Blessed Day and Thank you again!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Pook said:

The LED flashlights being aired now and that others posted here before me are perfect - 5 for $14.96 with reduced shipping of $3.11. I don't care how so many mock all the flashlights, they are excellent gifts as everyone at some time or another needs one and if you don't have one in your purse or care you probably will wish you had!

You may want to check out the reviews. Not very good. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein