Respected Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV in November

Nobody knows yet hey?   Quite a secret!!  My favorite color is "glitter"  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I am so disgusted and fed up with Luminara that even if it IS the most gorgeous thing around, I won't order it out of principal.

Like they care, lol.

@SahmIam

Would you mind elaborating a little more about that?  I've been on the fence about buying these candles for a very long time. They are a lot of money if they stop working.  I finally took the plunge with the recent One Day Only and sure enough, one of the set is already acting up.  I have bought tons of CI candles over the years and to this day, not one of them has quit working.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo  For me, it's more about their games with supply and bait & switch.

I've not had any problem with my Luminara window candles (I bought them all at Costco). However, all the pillars I've ordered via QVC had obvious seams running up the middle and many cracked in that seam. That's an issue.

2nd, is they bring limited supplies to QVC when they do have something amazing. Long story, but their country candles (very large oversized candles) sold out in minutes and it just happened to be when QVC.com wasn't working so many couldn't even order. Another mess.

Last, and this is what made me say enough:

In July they offered a TSV that, if you purchased on auto-delivery, you would receive the second order by end of September (ship date was 9/15). The July items were a set of 3 glass Xmas balls that each held a tealight as well as Xmas greenery. Very nice (they are currently offered for sale now on QVC.com). The Fall set was supposed to be 3 glass pumpkins with fall leaves/greenery and a tealight. All candles were on timers. To say they were very nice for Fall decor was an understatement; Auto-delivery sold out quickly. I and many family members ordered 20 sets as my niece is getting married shortly and we decided (she loved them, of course) to use them as table decorations (the pumpkin ones) at her wedding and they would be the favors as well. We were giving her and her new husband the Christmas ball ones to use on their "First Christmas" tree.  Well, the Fall shipment never shipped. Many of us started contacting QVC CS and long story short, they are SUPPOSED to ship out November sometime. Also, they are PLASTIC, not glass. We returned all of our Xmas sets and cancelled the Fall ones.

Pretty crappy service from Luminara. I don't support companies that play those kind of games.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@itsmetoo  For me, it's more about their games with supply and bait & switch.

I've not had any problem with my Luminara window candles (I bought them all at Costco). However, all the pillars I've ordered via QVC had obvious seams running up the middle and many cracked in that seam. That's an issue.

2nd, is they bring limited supplies to QVC when they do have something amazing. Long story, but their country candles (very large oversized candles) sold out in minutes and it just happened to be when QVC.com wasn't working so many couldn't even order. Another mess.

Last, and this is what made me say enough:

In July they offered a TSV that, if you purchased on auto-delivery, you would receive the second order by end of September (ship date was 9/15). The July items were a set of 3 glass Xmas balls that each held a tealight as well as Xmas greenery. Very nice (they are currently offered for sale now on QVC.com). The Fall set was supposed to be 3 glass pumpkins with fall leaves/greenery and a tealight. All candles were on timers. To say they were very nice for Fall decor was an understatement; Auto-delivery sold out quickly. I and many family members ordered 20 sets as my niece is getting married shortly and we decided (she loved them, of course) to use them as table decorations (the pumpkin ones) at her wedding and they would be the favors as well. We were giving her and her new husband the Christmas ball ones to use on their "First Christmas" tree.  Well, the Fall shipment never shipped. Many of us started contacting QVC CS and long story short, they are SUPPOSED to ship out November sometime. Also, they are PLASTIC, not glass. We returned all of our Xmas sets and cancelled the Fall ones.

Pretty crappy service from Luminara. I don't support companies that play those kind of games.

@SahmIam What a nightmare! I guess I have been lucky with Luminara. No real problems. The one thing I don't get is the ornaments you received were plastic..

Mine were glass. What's with that?

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Hey! I know...it's been odd how the candles I've received were so...bad but the same ones from Costco were so great, lol!

The first order of the ornaments were glass; they were the round balls for the tree and were the TSV. The email I received about the late shipment said the ornaments would now be plastic, not glass.

Did you receive the pumpkin ones and were they glass?

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam No, I didn't get the auto delivery. But, the fall shipment was represented as glass in the presentation. I got 2 sets of the TSV and a friend sent me two sets as well. I can't believe you paid for glass and then received a notice that they would now be plastic! Do you think QVC has the Luminara made at one place and all other vendors have them made somewhere else? I've purchased the candles equally at QVC and BBB, and they seem the same.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  Don't know but I do know that I didn't want plastic especially as the presenation showed a glass pumpkin in the presentation if you went on auto-ship. 

To me (and others) that was a terrible bait and switch move; I know many other returned their original purchase (the TSV) and cancelled their Pumpking shipment.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@PA Mom-mom  Don't know but I do know that I didn't want plastic especially as the presenation showed a glass pumpkin in the presentation if you went on auto-ship. 

To me (and others) that was a terrible bait and switch move; I know many other returned their original purchase (the TSV) and cancelled their Pumpking shipment.

@SahmIam

@PA Mom-mom

I really didn't care for this particular TSV because of the button battery and short life span, but this is the first I've heard about the switch on the fall pumpkin shipment now being plastic.

What a screw up that was for QVC. I'd be mad too.

I must have 50 or more Luminara candles, and I've only ever had one fail, so maybe I'm just lucky.

I also don't burn them every day. I have so many, in so many different colors and sizes and finishes, that most are rotated quite frequently and only see a few months of service per year. That might be why mine are lasting well.

I'm a big fan of Candle Impressions and their Mirage line as well. Less fragile than the Luminara because that wick doesn't smack around, just a play with the lighting on a stationary wick. Much better battery life, and much better prices too. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I prefer Candle Impressions; never have had any issue with them. Mine are on year round (I do off white as it works with everything, every holiday) and change the batteries every 3 months. At 6pm, every room in the house plus stairways are illuminated, lol.

I went with the Luminara candles for my windows as Costco had them at a great price a few years back. They're nice but for whatever reason, I prefer the glow from Candle Impressions.

I would NEVER have known about the switch from glass to plastic if not for two things: multiple threads all over the place regarding this TSV and when it was going to ship (some posted on the threads I started in Customer Care) and then a letter I received (email) from Luminara stating the change. We had already decided to cancel our orders as the shipping date issue was never resolved and we HAD to make a choice but finding that out plus the November ship date confirmed we had made the right decision.

I also get the insider magazine and could not find anything on the TSV in Novemer of 2017.