Honored Contributor

What do you think of the changes made in this room?

I like the room better after the changes. 

I like the lighter paint color which brightens up the space. It helps the fireplace look striking and beautiful. I love the windows and the built-ins on both sides of the fireplace.

Not loving all the furnishings & accessories though. I would prefer the sofas in a darker color. I don’t like the pillows, the accessories on the built-ins, and the round coffee table. The flooring, rug, sheers, and ceiling light are ok. 

E738D096-979F-4E86-A1FD-E709F4604628.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Living Room Redo

[ Edited ]

I do like the re-do much better than the original.  The original didn’t look like a finished room at all and it showed way too dark to feel inviting.  But the new room’s appearance gains from better lighting from outside as well as the lighter colors inside.

i do like the light sofa color and the extra seating with the second one, but I like softer looking arms on my sofas.  The round table is fine with me - it breaks up the otherwise very squared off decor.

Esteemed Contributor

It is a nice refreshing of a Craftsman bungalow.  I like the after much better.  I wouldn't be able to breathe in the before.  Glad they went with updated furniture rather than the heavy, dark Mission style of that era.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The lighting is poor in the first photo and the room is very bare, so anything might be an improvement.   

I like the curve above the fireplace rather than what they did in the second photo.

There's too much white in this room.  I don't like white sofas for obvious reasons.  No tables beside the sofas for lamps, not that there's room for any.  

I don't think this modern furniture does justice to the rustic stone fireplace and I don't like the white cabinets on either side.  The dark cabinets gave the fireplace presence.  

Not a comfy, cozy room, IMO.  

Respected Contributor

Very nice redo.  I would certainly do this type of style in my home.  My only concern would be for the couches and if someone had little ones.  I don't have little ones anymore but I have a husband who would ruin them. 

Respected Contributor

I like the redo of the room with the built in white bookcases and the molding on the hood over the mantle Looks like they kept the same rug. Not crazy about the sofas. They look like Ikea sofas. But everything else is nice. Agree that the accessories on the book cases look like they don't belong in this room. But wow what a lighter paint color and a few changes can do for a dark room. 

Honored Contributor

Definitely AFTER is way better.  The before is so dark it looks terrible to me.

Valued Contributor

I think it's a lovely remodel and it appears they kept to the integrity of the original style. 

When I initially glanced at the picture, my eyes were drawn to the mantle (and above). At first, it looked like a hood over a range. Now I can't get that out of my mind. By no means is it a criticism (and it doesn't look like a hood). It was just what my brain registered upon a quick glance 🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Love the after, it is nice, and light and airy! I would probably do a different light fixture, and different pillows, and of course accessories, but a really nice space!!!

Respected Contributor

Much improved.