Regular Contributor

I love my pugs.  I had 5, but my beloved Baby passed 2 years ago and my little rascal KimSoo passed 4 years ago.  I still miss them so much.  I have Deva, a black female, Scarlett, a fawn and Sarah, a fawn.  Sarah is my rescue pug, she is blind and was caged most of her life and she is only 6 years old.  She has been with me for 2 years now and rules the house.  She is the little princess.  They are my joy, my laughter and they deserve their recliners.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

This topic reminded me of when DH and I were first married and living in our scantily furnished apartment. We had only two folding camp cots in our bedroom, two folding chairs and a card table in out kitchen, and a small TV on a stand in our living room. It took a good month or two before we had a sofa and a real bed. Somehow we survived.

Having no children at the time helped.

Honored Contributor

When we buy new furniture I won't be buying a sofa or loveseat. I want at least 1 recliner, 1 rocker plus some nice chairs you can actually sit down in with your back against the back of the seat & able to put my feet on the floor instead of dangling. LOL!!! I will also need an ottoman.

My leather furniture will be 10 yrs old in Mar. It still looks brand new but I'm getting tired of it.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio, Is this the only room you have to sit in ,watch tv that sort of thing? If not and you have a sofa in that room , i think that would be fine,it is what ever you like.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@devababy wrote:

I love my pugs.  I had 5, but my beloved Baby passed 2 years ago and my little rascal KimSoo passed 4 years ago.  I still miss them so much.  I have Deva, a black female, Scarlett, a fawn and Sarah, a fawn.  Sarah is my rescue pug, she is blind and was caged most of her life and she is only 6 years old.  She has been with me for 2 years now and rules the house.  She is the little princess.  They are my joy, my laughter and they deserve their recliners.  LOL.

@devababy  This reminds me of one evening when DD was in kindergarten and we went to a friend's home for a party for the kids.  We were in the downstairs family room, and there were two rocker/recliners in front of a tv at on end of the room.  All of a sudden, the rockers began to move, so I peeked, knowing there was no human in the chairs, and there were her Cocker Spaniels, one in each chair, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@devababy

I had to read your post several times as one word was horribly distracting and I couldn't get past it.....Pug!!!!!!!!!!

I love Pugs. My aunt used to breed them, and what a bunch of characters she had, as many as 20 at a time in her kennel (and they got to come into the house a lot too, what a commotion that would be!). She gave my mom a black male and she named him Buster. My mom lives next door, so Buster was in our home every day from the time my son (and Buster, who was born just a few months before my son) was born until Buster passed when he was 13. 

They are the most lovable breed, and we still miss him, even though he has been gone 8 years now. 

The way you describe your room sounds warm and cozy. You confirmed for me, one thing I had doubts about, and that is having a coffee table when you don't have a sofa or love seat. I'm rather traditional, and it seemed to me that a coffee table in a room would be out of place without one of those two pieces. But I placed the coffee table in front of two chairs as a grouping, and I was so pleasantly surprised at how well I like that look.

I'm so glad that the Pugs have their own recliner, because anything less would simply be neglect. LOL 

I've always thought that Pugs were simply little wrinkled people. They have such expression in those eyes, they practically talk. We have had a lot of different breeds of dogs over my lifetime, but that Pug had more character than most of the rest combined....and they deserve the best!

@Mominohio  But they snort/snore, LOL.  DD had a friend with one, so she loved Pugs after that.

Honored Contributor

My grandparents never had a sofa, I always thought that was odd as it was the only home I ever saw that didn't have a sofa.

I just bought a new sofa, but I got rid of the oversized chair and ottoman.  I had a love seat before that.  I'm not sure what I want to put there, maybe a fun chair, but it seems a waste to put a huge piece of seating there.  I live in a townhouse, so too much furniture makes it crowded.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Mominohio, Is this the only room you have to sit in ,watch tv that sort of thing? If not and you have a sofa in that room , i think that would be fine,it is what ever you like.

@goldensrbest

No, our living room is formal so to speak, no TV, and really not used on a daily basis. 

We have a family room with a big TV, a sofa, three chairs etc. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@devababy

I had to read your post several times as one word was horribly distracting and I couldn't get past it.....Pug!!!!!!!!!!

I love Pugs. My aunt used to breed them, and what a bunch of characters she had, as many as 20 at a time in her kennel (and they got to come into the house a lot too, what a commotion that would be!). She gave my mom a black male and she named him Buster. My mom lives next door, so Buster was in our home every day from the time my son (and Buster, who was born just a few months before my son) was born until Buster passed when he was 13. 

They are the most lovable breed, and we still miss him, even though he has been gone 8 years now. 

The way you describe your room sounds warm and cozy. You confirmed for me, one thing I had doubts about, and that is having a coffee table when you don't have a sofa or love seat. I'm rather traditional, and it seemed to me that a coffee table in a room would be out of place without one of those two pieces. But I placed the coffee table in front of two chairs as a grouping, and I was so pleasantly surprised at how well I like that look.

I'm so glad that the Pugs have their own recliner, because anything less would simply be neglect. LOL 

I've always thought that Pugs were simply little wrinkled people. They have such expression in those eyes, they practically talk. We have had a lot of different breeds of dogs over my lifetime, but that Pug had more character than most of the rest combined....and they deserve the best!

@Mominohio  But they snort/snore, LOL.  DD had a friend with one, so she loved Pugs after that.

@mousiegirl

They do snore and snort! 

My mom was out of town one time, and I kept her Pug for a few days. My husband and son snore loud enough to wake the dead, and the dog joined right in! Like I didn't have enough trouble sleeping, then add a third snorer!

Valued Contributor

No sofa. 

My house is small and the pets have been many, over the years.

I finally got a daybed we sit on.  The sheet can be washed, I use a protective cover and I have several pillows with cases to lean on or for the pets to snuggle in.

Best decision I made.