Valued Contributor

Joy Mangano Towel Set TS on HSN

I bought some towels several years ago from Target that had the bleach resistance and loved them but they are worn out. Before i used them i would have little specks on my towels from whitening toothpaste etc.  Recently bought the Scott Bros Towels that were supposed to bloom after washing. Joy says her towels also bloom but have the bleach resistance to them also. I have never had her towels before, anyone know if they are good quality etc?  The Scott Bros towels are ok but I would like the bleach resistant towels, had a hard time finding them. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano Towel Set TS on HSN

[ Edited ]
  • I ordered the red set and the bonus gold towels.I own  her old ones and they still look like new.
Honored Contributor

I've gotten stung by Joy's junk too many times.  I don't trust her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks Pipin!

I was hoping someone would give them a good review.  I was looking at the driftwood and green, the red is really pretty but wouldn't match my bathroom.  I like that she has jewel tones and neutrals in her towel colors. The Scott Bros towels only had pastel colors. I ordered the gray and spa blue, but the blue is more of a mint green than blue. Washed them several tinesand still haven't bloomed or gotten any softer! 

Valued Contributor

Hello, Betsy!  I bought a set of Joy's towels several years ago.  They are exactly, if not betther, than she described.  They are lightweight, but absorbant, soft, colorfast, etc.  My set came with 4 bath, 4 hand towels, and 4 washcloths.  The bath towels are a little smaller.  I hope these new towels are just as nice.  I am going to buy them for a wedding shower gift.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a set of the first towels she came out with. They were very poorly made, seams showing defects, etc. I sent them back and haven't given her towels another look. Those towels got horrible reviews. Hopefully, the ones she is offering now have been improved. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've gotten stung by Joy's junk too many times.  I don't trust her.

Joy and Lori are long lost twins.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you, Kachina. I haven't ordered one thing from Joy that was worth the money. I stopped buying her junk several years ago. The absolute worst were those aroma sticks and the cheap little jars to put them in. Waste of money. I don't trust the quality of anything with her name on it.

Respected Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

I'm with you, Kachina. I haven't ordered one thing from Joy that was worth the money. I stopped buying her junk several years ago. The absolute worst were those aroma sticks and the cheap little jars to put them in. Waste of money. I don't trust the quality of anything with her name on it.

I agree.  The coat hangers are nice but I too have wasted money on other items bought in the past that Joy raved on about. Once I ordered a bag and that was the absolute wost She is hard to for me to watch anyway because she seems so nervous.

Esteemed Contributor

I had bad luck with the aroma sticks, but love my mop!  Two years ago I bought her TS towel set. I love them, so soft and light. Last night I got the white for a wedding gift.